Job Summary: As a Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for creating a framework and structure to quickly grow your team and scale the software development processes to deliver complex projects quickly and with high quality. You will provide technical leadership, vision, direction, and mentoring for multiple software engineering teams.
● Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software
● Must be able to mentor all levels
● Work closely with the other teams to optimize system architecture and project efficiency
● Partner with our Product Owner to plan work and prioritization
● Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
● Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
● Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
● Provide regular updates on projects and team performance
● Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
● Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and on budget.
● Must supervise their team’s personnel matters: scheduling resources, time off requests, recognition on a timely and consistent basis
● Monitor team members productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching as needed
● Responsible for performance management of their team members (quarterly feedback)
● Work with HR in hiring and training top talent for their teams
● Recruit, hire, mentor, and motivate a high performing team. Evaluate employee performance, set expectations and goals for staff members.
● Manage and execute software development projects from beginning to finish.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Required:
● Solid communication skills
● Strong knowledge of system architecture, best practices and design patterns
● Ability to inspire team
● Expert knowledge of and ability to communicate software architecture and design principles
● Expert in writing testable software
● Proficient with Object Oriented programming
● Experience leading a team
● Experience with agile development methodologies
● Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
● Writes and implements quality procedures.
● Must be able to manage the team’s day to day matters: scheduling resources, time off requests, feedback on a timely consistent basis
● Experience effectively working with remote teams
● Experience with user interface design and prototyping
● Experience with e-commerce
Generally, requires a minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of experience with software development, design patterns, software architecture
Bachelor’s Degree required. An emphasis in Computer Science is preferred
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.