All employees work to the standards of the IFS core values and the A&D Business Unit mindsets to achieve their job responsibilities.
Our employees come to work every day knowing that they are doing something that really matters. We work together to help make aviation maintenance more predictable, and reliable for the global Aerospace and Defense community – to have a real impact on the long-term success of our customers.
The Agile Development Manager (ADM) contributes to the success of our business as a team coach, leader, and manager by engaging with our cross disciplined persona-based R&D delivery teams (aka – Squads).
- Acting as lean / agile coach, ADM is motivated, knowledgeable, as well as a skilled practitioner of known practices (e.g. XP, Scrum, Lean, Kanban).
- Skilled facilitator and teacher who is passionate about developing continually improving teams via key practices like retrospectives.
- Ensures that our teams have the right skills, tools and practices to be successful by establishing clear development goals to support their actions.
- Skilled leader who initiates, defines, and executes on initiatives aimed at improving the effectiveness of our overall product delivery.
- Accountable for stated deliverables while working to ensure sustainable effort against all prioritized deliverables in R&D.
- Leadership role model – continuously seeking to improve their own leadership skills and style to positively impact our teams and our business.
- Builds effective one-on-one manager relationships with direct reports based upon the report’s professional development and growth.
- Provides timely, factual, and candid feedback to clarify expectations with respect to roles and levels of direct reports.
- Contributes actively to system that supports and develops the skills and capabilities of our delivery teams (e.g. recruitment, feedback processes, mentorship).
- 10+ years working on medium-large scale web applications.
- Previous experience working on an agile software development team as an individual contributor (e.g. developer, tester, technical writer).
- A deep understanding of what a good software development process looks like and how it helps to build high quality while delivering value to our clients and business – demonstrated and proven ability to help accelerate this with both individuals and teams.
- An ability to effectively manage their energy (priorities, time, professional and personal demands) in a manner that fosters a positive environment where teams can operate with autonomy and confidence.
- Driven by a personal mission to help others be successful via the development of teams and individuals using modern approaches to software development and management.
- Passion and pride in delivering high quality software products by effectively balancing the needs of our people, our product, our business, and our clients.