IFS is a high growth, global high tech employer with a suite of products including the most widely-used aviation maintenance software platform in the world. We have the distinct pleasure of working with a wide range of the world's leading aviation and defense organizations including companies like GE, Saab, BAE Systems, Southwest Airlines, LATAM, and Qantas – to design, develop, and deliver mission critical enterprise software.
Our employees come to work every day knowing that they are doing something that really matters – they help make maintenance more predictable, and reliable for the global aviation and defense community. In the last few years, our Aerospace and Defense headquarters in Ottawa, Canada has seen tremendous growth, and now has close to 300 employees serving global markets.
We are looking for an Architect with proven experience and expertise in product integration, APIs, web services, service oriented architecture and microservices. We need your help as we break new ground with our world class aviation maintenance enterprise applications.
For additional information, please visit mxi.com
- Work with amazing people who know the aviation industry inside and out to understand the problems we’re trying to solve
- Help define and establish architectural vision for product APIs and integration services
- Provide technical leadership to help make that vision a reality (you won’t just be drawing this on paper!)
- Work to understand the user experience for all personas that will leverage our product capabilities through APIs
- Help guide and govern API development to ensure it is built for scalability, security, concurrency and with consideration for the future
- Ensure quality is always a top priority by helping define test strategies for APIs
Knowledge and Education
- Some form of education that has taught you how to develop software (Yes, you can even be self-taught…school isn’t the only place to learn this stuff!)
Skills and Experience
- Passion and pride in building amazing software products
- Excellent communication skills to work with people and teams, locally and remotely
- Ability to craft and execute architecture and technology plans
- Knowledge of enterprise and application integration patterns
- Expertise with design, development and maintenance of APIs, web services, service oriented architecture and microservices
- Experience building secure APIs using methods like JWT or AUTH
- Experience with REST, queuing, hypermedia
- Experience with J2EE
- Knowledge and experience with cloud and mobile architecture
- Experience with Oracle (PL/SQL or other Oracle technologies)
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by Applying for this Job below.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates, however only these selected for an interview will be contacted. IFS is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you have a disability, please contact one of the Talent Acquisition Specialists to let us know how we can accommodate you.