IFS is a high growth, global high tech employer with a suite of products including the most widely-used aviation maintenance software platform in the world. We have the distinct pleasure of working with a wide range of the world's leading aviation and defense organizations including companies like Southwest Airlines, KLM, Qantas, GE, Saab, and BAE Systems – to design, develop, and deliver mission critical enterprise software. Our employees come to work every day knowing that they are doing something that really matters – they help make maintenance more predictable, safe, and reliable for the global aviation and defense community.
We are looking for a Software Developer who is creative and passionate about developing and deploying enterprise class web applications that deliver great experiences for end-users. This position has an essential added focus on solutions and tools which support our customer system administrators and internal technical operations – the folks who install, upgrade, integrate, manage, and monitor live instances of our software suite.
Help us take the next step forward in developing innovative approaches to deploy and administer our world class aviation maintenance enterprise software. We need someone who knows their stuff, keeps learning more stuff, and can openly discuss that stuff with other talented people.
About you and what you'll do
- Tap into your creativity to come up with new ideas to solve interesting problems
- Design and develop software and systems that you can be proud of
- Collaborate with amazing people who know the aviation industry inside and out to understand the problems that we’re trying to solve
- Lead discussions on technical solution design, and actively participate in planning sessions
- Guide and encourage other team members to follow best practices and principles
- Diagnose challenging problems in an enterprise application
- Build high-quality products to last, using test automation and following modern design principles
- Work with cross-functional, co-located Agile teams that use a variety of Lean and Agile practices
Knowledge and education expected
- Some form of education that has taught you how to develop software (yes, you can even be self-taught… school isn’t the only place to learn this stuff!)
- Broad base of understanding and/or varied experiences with technology, and a desire to learn and engage with new tools, frameworks, and languages.
What you bring to the job
- Passion and pride in building solutions
- Strong knowledge and experience with Java EE and software design patterns
- Working knowledge of RESTful web services
- Ability to create maintainable and useful tests for your code and create automated testing frameworks
- Ability to think critically when faced with a problem or task
- Experience with Windows/Linux server administration (including shell scripting)
Other stuff that will be an asset
- 6+ years’ experience working on medium-large scale web applications
- Experience with Oracle database, WebLogic, PL/SQL
- Experience integrating multiple enterprise systems
- Advanced debugging/analytical skills (memory management, performance, concurrency)
- Experience with secure deployments: cryptographic key management, TLS/SSL, code signing and verification, single sign-on
- Experience with deployment automation tools, e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SALT
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with application and server monitoring tools
- Experience with build tools, e.g. Gradle, Maven, NPM
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by Applying for this Job below.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IFS Aerospace and Defense LTD. is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process