IFS is a high growth, global high tech employer with a suite of products including the most widely-used aviation maintenance software platform in the world. We have the distinct pleasure of working with a wide range of the world's leading aviation and defense organizations including companies like GE, Saab, BAE Systems, Southwest Airlines, LATAM, and Qantas – to design, develop, and deliver mission critical enterprise software.
Our employees come to work every day knowing that they are doing something that really matters – they help make maintenance more predictable, and reliable for the global aviation and defense community
Strategic Account Executive is a senior sales position with responsibility for setting strategy to maintain and grow IFS’s Aviation and Defense (AnD) license and service footprint within one or more specified major Fortune 500 customer accounts. The Strategic Account Executive also implements tactical sales opportunities following appropriate customer and IFS processes, achieves revenue goals and meets overall customer satisfaction goals within the specified major customer account(s), while expanding the strategic pipeline of opportunities. The Strategic Account Executive is responsible for setting and achieving internal agreement on strategic objectives by liaising with internal stakeholders and customer representatives at the Executive and below levels.
Role and Responsibilites:
- Develop, gain agreement and implement customer strategy, working with internal stakeholders and influenced by needs of customer(s).
- Responsible for meeting assigned quota while building strategic plans and pipeline for future revenue.
- Acts as the IFS AnD point of contact for named strategic customer(s).
- Engages the strategic account at the management and executive levels to identify customer business issues.
- Works with customers to develop business cases which justify project proposals to address the identified customer business issues.
- Develop strategic plans across multiple customer business units and ensure tactical requirements for achieving revenue targets.
- Work within a very complex Fortune 500 customer, interacting with a variety of departments (IT, Engineering, Procurement, etc), to ensure IFS expands its footprint and leverages existing business within the account and in other accounts that are strategically linked to the specified major account(s).
- Work across customer business units to ensure IFS AnD is aware of all potential sales opportunities (license and services) and potential impediments. Develops plans to remove impediments to facilitate Mxi successfully closing potential sales opportunities.
- Educates customer by keeping client updated on IFS AnD project plans, delivery progress, and business rationale for the solutions proposed and developed by IFS AnD. This will include regular updates on IFS AnD Product Roadmap as it applies to the identified major customer(s).
- Works within framework of existing master agreement to develop specific processes and procedures to identify and resolve delivery and payment issues.
Education and Experience:
- Degree/diploma in related field or equivalent experience and 10+ years executive level solution sales experience in a software related field.
- 5+ years demonstrable experience selling high dollar value, complex solutions based on a mixture of services and software where services provides a significant portion of the business benefit
- 5+ years strategic sales experience with multi million dollar sales
- 5+ years experience in a direct selling environment, closing business to exceed yearly quota in excess of $2 Million.
- Experience working with Fortune 500 customers to build business cases that identify and quantify business benefits, implementation costs, and payback periods
- Previous aviation domain experience an asset
- Ability to communicate at all levels (executive to working level) and within all departments (engineering through procurement) of a large, complex organization
- Proven self starter, able to effectively achieve sales goals in a remote environment
- Ability to understand and describe the services role and requirements and be able to address the major account(s) issues without a services specialist joining in the majority of discussions. Ability to understand when it is imperative to have a services specialist attend a meeting and engaging internally to ensure attendance
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a services organization that is not personally managed and controlled.
- Strong negotiations skills
- Strong conceptual skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven leadership and sales management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good grasp of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Possibility of frequent global travel required
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet demanding time-based objectives
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by Applying for this Job below.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IFS Aerospace and Defense LTD. is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process