IFS is a high growth, global high tech employer with a suite of products including the most widely-used aviation maintenance software platform in the world. We have the distinct pleasure of working with a wide range of the world's leading aviation and defense organizations including companies like GE, Saab, BAE Systems, Southwest Airlines, LATAM, and Qantas – to design, develop, and deliver mission critical enterprise software.
Our employees come to work every day knowing that they are doing something that really matters – they help make maintenance more predictable, and reliable for the global aviation and defense community
At IFS, a software tester helps us ensure the value of our products through creative and innovative testing. From building brand new products to evolving seasoned products, you will work with others to understand how our software is intended to work and develop tests that will ensure that our products meet those needs now and into the future. You will be involved throughout the entire software development lifecycle, from the earliest stages of design to the final customer delivery, and will work closely with software developers to ensure that testability is not an afterthought.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with your team and customers to ensure that everyone has a solid understanding of the product's goals and detailed acceptance criteria
- Develop rigorous testing strategies to ensure that the product will meet its success criteria, both today and into the distant future
- Perform creative and innovative testing, pushing the software's boundaries, and ensuring that the product meets the highest standards of quality
- Evaluate the different forms of testing that are required, and ensure that the proper testing is performed (end-to-end, performance, integration, unit, etc.)
- Determine the optimal balance between automated testing and manual testing, and ensure that the right amount of automation is in place
- Take part in development support activities: environment setup, data setup, writing automated tests, etc.
- Own the continual improvement of team knowledge and capabilities through ongoing expansion of personal knowledge (domain, personas, product, business processes and interactions) and sharing with the team – helping them in turn, to grow their knowledge base using an Agile and Lean mindset.
- Emphasizing knowledge sharing and supporting peers and colleagues
- Seeking continuous improvement of team, product, and processes using an Agile and Lean mindset
Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of what a good software development process is and how it helps to build high quality software
- Solid understanding of various levels of testing (unit, integration, system, acceptance, etc.)
- Solid understanding of various types of tests (sanity, regression, functional vs. non-functional, performance, A/B, etc.)
- Advanced software troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity with inter-system communication: APIs, JSON, and RESTful web services
Nice To Haves:
- Experience working in aviation maintenance
- Experience working on medium-large scale web applications
- Experience with Oracle (PL/SQL or other Oracle technologies)
- Experience building integrations between systems
Education and Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree with a specialization in software development and engineering and/or relevant experience
- 2-5 of years of relevant professional experience or school based / personal projects
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by Applying for this Job below.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IFS Aerospace and Defense LTD. is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process