IFS is a high growth, global high tech employer with a suite of products including the most widely-used aviation maintenance software platform in the world. We have the distinct pleasure of working with a wide range of the world's leading aviation and defense organizations including companies like GE, Saab, BAE Systems, Southwest Airlines, LATAM, and Qantas – to design, develop, and deliver mission critical enterprise software.
Our employees come to work every day knowing that they are doing something that really matters – they help make maintenance more predictable, and reliable for the global aviation and defense community. In the last few years, our Aerospace and Defense Business Unit has seen tremendous growth, and now has over 300 employees serving global markets.
The Sales Director is expected to manage and sell IFS Applications in Europe by implementing sales strategies and supervising Regional Account Managers. Manage and sell IFS Applications focusing on the assigned Industry.
- Implement sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Completes sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain 100% RAM occupancy rates for sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Provide forecast of sales team to the VP of Sales
- Maintains sales staff job results by counseling and coaching employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure Sales Reps understand and follow IFS’ Sales Process to include key accounts
- Meet individual and team sales goals by negotiating, selling to customer needs, motivation for sales, sales planning, building and maintaining relationships with customers, key strategic partners and influencers, coaching, managing processes, maintaining market knowledge
- 5- 7 years of relevant new business sales experience based on complex software sales, including ERP software
- Experience with a long, complex sales process (6-9 months) and an average deal size of $400,000-$500,000+
- Ability to handle multiple buying influences and sell licenses and services together
- Ability to work in a team environment with solution experts
- Understanding of the Solution Selling concepts
- Strong understanding of ERP technology
- Understanding of one of the following disciplines: manufacturing (discrete or process), Service Management
- Personal characteristics: quick learner, strong leadership qualities, good problem solver and decision maker, think quickly on your feet, excellent communication skills, assertive personality, strong initiative, dogged persistence, enthusiasm, thrives in a fast paced environment, adaptable, entrepreneurial spirit