Marketing Communications Manager – Aerospace & Defense
IFS is a high growth, global high-tech employer with a suite of products including the most widely-used aviation maintenance software platform in the world. We have the distinct pleasure of working with a wide range of the world's leading aerospace and defense organizations – including companies like GE, Saab, BAE Systems, Air France-KLM, Southwest Airlines, LATAM, and Qantas – to design, develop, and deliver both best-of-breed and end-to-end enterprise asset management software.
A little about you:
You are a proven marketing leader with a solid track record of B2B marketing for technology companies under your belt. Combining tactical, hands-on and strategic activities is part of your regular day, and you are able to shift gears with ease. Relationship building comes naturally for you, whether you are communicating with a prospect, partner, customer, vendor or team members.
As Marketing Communications Manager, you will be responsible for driving a comprehensive mix of marketing and communications programs in support of IFS’ global Aerospace & Defense (A&D) business unit. Reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications, Aerospace & Defense, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning and delivering internal and external communications tactics designed to positively impact IFS A&D’s brand image and identity, while effectively promoting the core messages and values of the company, the business unit, and its A&D product suite. In addition, this individual will work closely with both Corporate and Regional marketing colleagues throughout the company, lending expertise and support for local A&D initiatives, as warranted.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver tactical communications strategies in support of A&D segment-specific campaigns, including corporate-, regional-, product- and partner-specific initiatives
- Work with A&D segment subject matter experts to produce campaign-specific and ad hoc marketing collateral and sales support assets (e.g. brochures, feature sheets, presentations, whitepapers, cases)
- Collaborate with corporate and in-region marketing peers in developing and delivering A&D programs and tactics to support targeted demand generation objectives
- Collaborate with A&D and in-region sales executives on accounts-based marketing initiatives aimed at moving opportunities through the sales pipeline
- Act as A&D prime for global PR/AR and Thought Leadership, working closely with our PR agency in targeting the global A&D influencer community
- Work with key contributors across the organization to identify opportunities that will help drive global A&D customer membership, loyalty and bi-lateral engagement, including (but not limited to) support for the IFS World Conference, regional customer councils etc.
- Support A&D social media efforts, as warranted
- A proven track record in developing marketing communications plans and delivering on stated objectives
- Demonstrated mastery of content development – from messaging to writing/editing to creative
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Assertive, persuasive, with creative problem-solving skills
- Team player who respectfully works with different resources throughout the company, and can provide necessary leadership and tactical direction when called upon
- Ability to work in a fluid, evolving work environment typical of rapidly-growing enterprise software companies
- Experience working with third-party vendors providing services that support marketing activities
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with customers and partners, helping them become our best advocates and referral channels for new business
- Positive outlook, fun and flexible
- Willingness to travel (typically 2-3 times per year)
- Able to obtain NATO Secret security clearance
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of, and/or, prior software marketing experience in the Aerospace & Defense industry
- Experience with analytics, marketing automation and dashboard tools (Domo, Marketo, Cision, Asana)
Education and Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree with a specialization in Marketing, or Communications/PR/Journalism and/or relevant experience
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience
- Prior experience working in a B2B software marketing role is preferred