IFS is a high growth, global high-tech employer with a suite of products including the most widely-used aviation maintenance software platform in the world. We have the distinct pleasure of working with a wide range of the world's leading aviation and defense organizations including companies like GE, Saab, BAE Systems, KLM, Air France, Southwest Airlines, LATAM, and Qantas – to design, develop, and deliver mission critical enterprise software. Our employees come to work every day knowing that they are doing something that really matters – they help make maintenance more predictable, and reliable for the global aviation and defense community.
As a UX Designer at IFS, you collaborate with Product Management, and multiple Agile teams to design simple interface solutions for complex aviation maintenance products. You directly contribute to the success of our business by applying your skills and experience to the planning, analysis, design, and development of persona-driven, enterprise-grade software. You are encouraged to learn about new technologies and trends, experiment, and suggest alternative approaches to solving business problems - ultimately delivering customer satisfaction and solution fit. As such, we are seeking a UX Designer with the following knowledge, skills and characteristics:
Ownership, Quality and Effort:
- You are a leader – able to drive strategic user experience initiatives based on user data, guiding teams in the effective execution of user experience and interface design
- Confident to accurately evaluate risks and assess scope of large and complex systems.
- Skilled at collecting customer requirements through various forms of research and translating results into: user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes.
- You see the value of iterative design through participation in usability evaluation and evolving designs based on feedback from users/stakeholders.
- In collaboration with your team, you can produce high quality, production ready implementations that align with team estimates.
- Your commitment to quality is demonstrated by your interaction with peers, assessing deliverables against standards and taking corrective actions where appropriate.
Problem Solving and Design:
- You have a passion for solving problems, able to break them down into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically, and propose elegant high-quality solutions
- You are a master within your craft and therefore able to advise and mentor others to solve complex problems.
- Your UX design skills will be challenged to find and implement elegant solutions to the multifaceted problems of the aviation maintenance domain.
Communication and Sphere of Influence:
- Open, honest, and constructive communication is of the utmost importance to you.
- You are a high performer and team builder – able to meet the team "where they are" and nurture positive, continuous improvement.
- You can present sound and well reasoned arguments drawing from a range of strategies, styles and techniques appropriate for your audience and the nature of the content.
- Skilled at building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of people, adapting as the situation demands.
Capabilities and Learning:
- You are a self-motivated and passionate learner. Your thirst for knowledge drives your inclination to explore new UX design strategies and ideas and lead early adoption as appropriate.
- You love to exchange knowledge and expertise with others – seeing excellent value in sharing and learning together.
Education & Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree with a specialization in Industrial Design or Human Factors Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ of years of relevant professional experience designing user interfaces for software systems, preferably on medium to large scale web applications
- At least 3 years of experience leading technical teams
- Experience working with researchers to understand and clarify user personas and requirements
- Strong background in development and systems administration across Unix and Linux and proactive in taking on projects either alone or as part of a team
- Thorough understanding of networking, cloud technology, storage and software development
- Understanding of how to create visually stunning designs that effectively communicate product functionality
- Knowledge of developing designs for cross-functional applications such as; web, mobile and desktop product lines
Nice to Haves:
- Additional certifications in specific area of expertise (demonstrated ongoing education)
- Aviation Maintenance domain knowledge is an asset.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by Applying for this Job below.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates, however only these selected for an interview will be contacted. IFS is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you have a disability, please contact one of the Talent Acquisition Specialists to let us know how we can accommodate you