IFS is a high growth, global high-tech employer with a suite of products including the most widely-used aviation maintenance software platform in the world. We have the distinct pleasure of working with a wide range of the world's leading aviation and defense organizations including companies like GE, Saab, BAE Systems, Southwest Airlines, LATAM, and Qantas – to design, develop, and deliver mission critical enterprise software.
Our employees come to work every day knowing that they are doing something that really matters – they help make maintenance more predictable, and reliable for the global aviation and defense community. In the last few years, our Aviation and Defense headquarters in Ottawa, Canada has seen tremendous growth, and now has over 300 employees serving global markets.
Our Professional Services team is looking for a Senior Data Migration Analyst to support the analysis of clients’ data requirements and ensure the smooth migration of data from legacy systems into IFS’ Maintenix system. Ideal candidates for these roles have exceptional client service skills, have exposure to data ETL, and are fluent in PL/SQL.
- Lead the analysis and design for a client’s data migration into Maintenix while working under the guidance of a Data Migration Architect
- Lead the implementation of the extraction, transformation, loading (ETL) and validation of data moving from customers' legacy systems into Maintenix
- Assess customers' legacy data sources to determine quality issues, data gaps and alignment with Maintenix data constructs
- Assist in the identification, assessment and mitigation of data migration risks
- Assist in the design, development and testing of custom data migration scripts using SQL, PL/SQL, and CloverETL in an Oracle environment
- Respond to customer questions, assist the customer in extracting data, and provide to the customer data quality assessments with recommended corrective measures
- Provide SQL, PL/SQL and data analysis support to the project or other departments
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience with Extraction, Transformation, Loading (ETL) and validation
- Experience developing software using PL/SQL in an Oracle environment
- Understanding of best practices in the software development life cycle, business and systems analysis supported by data modeling
- Ability to thrive in an environment of pressing deadlines and changing conditions
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Awareness of technology trends and leading practices
- Experience working with Oracle Import, Export, Data Pump and SQL*Loader Utilities
- Experience with Windows/DOS Command Line; Bash/Unix shell experience considered an asset
- Proficiency in MS Excel; Proficiency in MS Access is considered an asset
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role is considered an asset
- Knowledge of the Aviation Industry is considered an asset
- Must be willing to travel globally, as required
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by Applying for this Job below.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IFS is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.