VP, Product Development - IFS Maintenix
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service or industry-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier for enterprise management systems in the world.
IFS offers a strong culture based on committed employees who support each other across competences and national borders. You are seen, appreciated and able to work with, and influence, industry-leading products used by some of the world's largest companies. You also get the opportunity to work in a global environment and take ownership of your skills development to shape your own career.
The Aerospace and Defense Business Unit at IFS is a high growth, global high-tech employer in the Ottawa area with the most widely-used aviation maintenance software platform in the world. We have the distinct pleasure of working with large commercial airlines – like Southwest, Qantas – and military organizations – like BAE System, and Saab – to design, develop, and deliver mission critical enterprise software. Our employees come to work every day knowing that they are doing something that really matters – they help make aviation maintenance more predictable, safe, and reliable for the global community.
As a member of the IFS Product Development management team, the VP, Product Development – IFS Maintenix is a senior leadership team member and is expected to play an active role in fulfilling the overall objectives for IFS product development. The VP, Product Development – IFS Maintenix is responsible for all development efforts for IFS Maintenix, a modular, ERP software purpose-built for aerospace and defense (A&D), and new ancillary A&D products. Key responsibilities are:
- Act as the overall product owner for IFS Maintenix and A&D product portfolio:
- Working closely with the Product Management team to ensure the product direction and strategy are developed for execution by the product development team
- Contribute to the development of the product roadmap and be accountable for progress and communication of the roadmap
- Working with other teams within the company, bring new features and products from the research and development side to market or implementation within the organization
- Ensure the quality of what is being delivered both within feature development and as part of support
- Communicate and network internally and externally:
- Establish tight contact with key customers and partners
- Ensure good collaboration and work closely with Product Management and other stakeholders within IFS
- Work with members of the senior Product Development and A&D management team to drive department and company goals
- Represent the IFS Maintenix product group internally and externally
- Provide managerial leadership and develop objectives for the IFS Maintenix product development department, and provide leadership for the IFS Maintenix management team
- Responsible for recruiting and managing product development team leaders to handle these efforts and directs teams with budget approvals, scheduling, and deadline management
- Clearly define and communicate targets and expectations
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience working in enterprise software development
- Understanding of best practices in the software development life cycle, business and systems analysis supported by data modeling
- Ability to thrive in an environment of pressing deadlines and changing conditions
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for technology and innovation met with an ability to understand technology in business terms
- A strong desire to collaborate with peers and colleagues in all departments within the company
- Awareness of technology trends and leading practices
- Demonstrated ability leading large distributed teams
- Able to obtain NATO II Security Clearance
- Knowledge of the Aerospace & Defence Industry
- Experience growing an international development organization is a significant asset
- Mix of experience with both SaaS and on-premise enterprise software
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by Applying for this Job below.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates, however only these selected for an interview will be contacted. IFS is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.