IFS is a high growth, global high tech employer with a suite of products including the most widely-used aviation maintenance software platform in the world. We have the distinct pleasure of working with a wide range of the world's leading aviation and defense organizations including companies like GE, Saab, BAE Systems, Southwest Airlines, LATAM, and Qantas – to design, develop, and deliver mission critical enterprise software.
Our employees come to work every day knowing that they are doing something that really matters – they help make maintenance more predictable, and reliable for the global aviation and defense community. In the last few years, our Aerospace and Defense Business Unit has seen tremendous growth.
The IFS AnD Business Unit is seeking a Regional Account manager with a passion for selling enterprise software and being an integral player within the region. The ideal candidate is assertive and entrepreneurial, seeking the opportunity to make a positive impact in a company with a growing presence in the North American business software market. What is most intriguing about this position is the opportunity to join a rapidly growing software company and assume an already established customer base, that has contractually obligated revenue over the next years. They will assume responsibility for growing and maintaining those accounts while hunting for net new business within the region. For more information, please visit www.ifsworld.com
- Generate revenue from license sales, service sales and maintenance services
- Lead the execution of the sales cycle
- Sell directly to executive level decision-makers
- Develop the opportunities by creating business partnerships to supplement offerings and provide implementation services
- A proven track record as a hunter and deal-closer
- 8 - 10 years of relevant new business development experience based on complex software sales, including ERP software license sales
- Defense and/or aerospace industry sales experience required, including established relationships with prime defense contractors and service integrators
- Experience with a long, complex sales process (6-9 months) and an average deal size of >$450,000
- Experience with Government contracting processes and procedures
- Experience with Government source selection processes
- Ability to handle multiple buying influences and sell solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment with solution experts
- Strategic value selling capability (SPIN, complex sale, TAS, Solution, etc.)
- Strong understanding of ERP technology
- Understands manufacturing, asset management, project management, project reporting, demand planning, EAM, MRO, MRP, defense manufacturing, heavy maintenance, supply chain management, spare parts management, fleet and asset management, etc.
- Personal characteristics: quick learner, strong leadership qualities, good problem solver and decision maker, think quickly on your feet, excellent communication skills, assertive personality, strong initiative, dogged persistence, enthusiasm, thrives in a fast paced environment, adaptable, entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or Accounting
- Willingness to travel as needed (could involve up to approx. 50% in addition to local day trips)
- Previous management experience is desired but not mandatory
- Applicants currently located in the Northeast or mid-Atlantic areas are strongly preferred
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by Applying for this Job below.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates, however only these selected for an interview will be contacted. IFS is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you have a disability, please contact one of the Talent Acquisition Specialists to let us know how we can accommodate you.