iFood is the biggest and fastest growing FoodTech company in Latin America, operating in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia. We aim to make people live more convenient and joyful, by simplifying and disrupting the way they eat through applied technology.
The Database Team at iFood is responsible to provide tools and assistance to other engineering teams in building amazing, fast and scalable services. We have 3 primary roles, the first is helping developers and stakeholders in the definition of data architecture for services and solutions that run in production. The second role is managing and building tools for data pipelines, which handle millions of requests per second and TBs of data daily. And finally, we are responsible for supporting data solutions that run on production environments, providing means of monitoring, capacity planing, troubleshooting and, specially, automation of processes.
- Design, code, test, operate and solve production problems on services running on the cloud (specially AWS);
- Participate in product evolution prioritization, always looking to the best value gains to the business, basing your decisions on data;
- Face and solve scalability, maintainability and reliability challenges;
- Have strong knowledge of SQL, data architecture and relational data models and databases, performance tuning of PostgreSQL and queries;
- Have strong coding skills and architecture such as Java, Go, Ruby, Python;
- Have experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management (Chef, Terraform) with AWS EBS, ELB, ASG, MSK, EC2, RDS;
- Have strong experience with NoSQL Cassandra, ScyllaDB and DynamoDB;
- Have strong experience with Kafka;
Some optional toppings:
- Prior experience dealing with applications and databases that supports millions of transactions per day, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
Prior experience with sharding with ScyllaDB and or Citus;