iFood is the biggest and fastest growing FoodTech company in Latin America, operating in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia. We aim to make people live more convenient and joyful, by simplifying and disrupting the way they eat through applied technology. As a Android Software Engineer, you will design, code, test and operate developing and evolving applications that make it easy and part of our customers' universe, participating in the creation of APIs, integrating with the backend, and helping to prioritize evolution. taking into account the best value gains for the business.
We face huge scalability challenges, with more 30 million orders per month, 13 million users and over 100 thousand active restaurants.
As an Android Software Engineer, your challenges will be:
- Collaborate in the definition of concepts such as project-wide coding style guides
- Build quick prototypes to prove concepts
- Enforce quality during code review and maintenance practices
- Debug performance issues in apps and bottlenecks in CI lanes
- Integrate with third party APIs
- Efficiently scale components through tuning and / or major refactorings
- Conceptualize and develop components for a monorepo mobile app
The ingredients we’re searching for:
- You have ownership sense, treating every project like it was your own
- You enjoy working in fast-growing dynamic environments
- Solid experience in building high performance, scalable applications
- Solid experience with the latest versions of Java or Kotlin
- Experience integrating with REST APIs natively using Retrofit
- Meal Allowance (“ticket refeição and/or ticket alimentação”)
- Fuel or public transportation allowance
- Health and dental plan
- Life insurance
- Children Allowance
- Subsidy to sports practicing (Gympass)
- Subsidy to english classes
- Relocation package for people who live 200km+ away from the office
- Breakfast, beer, energy drink, video games, snacks, pet day and more.
- You’ll work in a very fast-paced and collaborative environment along with other ambitious people. Also, we have nice swags on our offices :)
We are a remote friendly company and strive to onboard the best brilliant minds, wherever they are located! Additionally, iFood has several VERY NICE technology hubs spread over Brazil for our FoodLovers to use - Campinas/SP, São Carlos/SP, Osaco/SP, Porto Alegre/RS and Refice/PE - and also supports candidates that would like to relocate to some of those cities with a relocation plan.
Diversity & Inclusion
iFood is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse environment. Here, we work hard to make sure everyone deserve respect, empathy and equal opportunities to succeed. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or age.
O iFood é uma empresa global que já opera em múltiplos países e por isso estimulamos o uso do inglês em nosso cotidiano. Aqui você será estimulado a fazer aulas, ler, escrever e falar em inglês através de expressões do dia a dia, eventos, cursos, entre outros. Apesar de não ser um pré-requisito, a compreensão de textos em inglês é muito importante para nós.