iFood is the biggest and fastest growing FoodTech company in Latin America, operating in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia. We aim to make people lives more convenient and joyful, by simplifying and disrupting the way they eat through applied technology. Working with us means impact positively millions of lives, but we want to turn this number into a billion.
In iFood, the Logistics tribe is responsible for developing and evolving applications that smooth and create the integration between the most diversified business areas. We work in APIs conception, backend integrations, product evolution and prioritization, aiming the best value gain for the business.
As an Android Software Engineer, your challenges will be:
- Develop and evolve Android products used by our drivers, assuring quality and performance;
- Participate in APIs conception;
- Work together with design and product teams, helping in definition, refinement and new functionalities;
- Application and launched functionalities monitoring;
- Propose innovative and disruptive technologies to implement new functionalities, aiming continuous efficiency and improvement.
The ingredients we’re searching for:
- Comproved experience in Android application development;
- One or more apps published in Google Play;
- Know how to handle different system versions and screen dimensions;
- Kotlin domain;
- Skill with version control tools, preferably Git;
- Knowledge in APIs and frameworks like Service, Broadcast Receivers, Espresso;
- Agile development culture and methodologies like Kanban and Scrum;
- UX notions and interaction design;
- Third-party tools experience like Retrofit, Dagger, RxAndroid.
Nice to Have:
- Automated and comportamental tests experience;
- Easiness to handle geographic libraries (Google Maps SDK);
- Knowledge in Google Location Services API;
- Experience in Android Jetpack;
- Experience in reactive programming frameworks (RxJava);
- Clean Architecture and MVVM experience;
- Knowledge in background services;
- Knowledge in CI/CD environment and static analysis tools of Ktlint.
- Meal Allowance (“ticket refeição and/or ticket alimentação”)
- Fuel or public transportation allowance
- Health and dental plan
- Life insurance
- Children Allowance
- Subsidy to sports practicing (Gympass)
- Subsidy to english classes
- Relocation package for people who live 200km+ away from the office
- Breakfast, beer, energy drink, video games, snacks, pet day and more.
- You’ll work in a very fast-paced and collaborative environment along with other ambitious people. Also, we have nice swags on our offices 😊
We are a remote friendly company and strive to onboard the best brilliant minds, wherever they are located! Additionally, iFood has several VERY NICE technology hubs spread over Brazil for our FoodLovers to use - Campinas/SP, São Carlos/SP, Osaco/SP, Porto Alegre/RS and Refice/PE - and also supports candidates that would like to relocate to some of those cities with a relocation plan.
Diversity & Inclusion
iFood is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse environment. Here, we work hard to make sure everyone deserve respect, empathy and equal opportunities to succeed. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or age.