ID.me is a high-growth enterprise software company that simplifies how people prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button. ID.me’s digital identity network has over 117 million registered members, and is used by fourteen federal agencies, agencies in 30 states and over 600 corporations for secure identity proofing and verification.
ID.me’s technology meets the federal standards for consumer authentication set by the Commerce Department and is approved as a NIST 800-63-3 IAL2 / AAL2 credential service provider by the Kantara Initiative. In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand digital access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to identity verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
ID.me has received numerous awards including Deloitte’s 2023 Technology Fast 500, Washington Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies and Wall Street Journal’s Startup of the Year finalist. In recent quarters, ID.me announced it raised $132 million in Series D funding, led by Viking Global Investors with participation from CapitalG, Morgan Stanley Counterpoint, FTV Capital, PSP Growth, Auctus Investment Group, Moonshots Capital, and Scout Ventures. ID.me’s most recent round brings the total investment in ID.me to over $275 million since its founding in 2010.
ID.me is looking for a Member Experience Program Manager to be responsible for our identity verification products including, designing the support experience, understanding drivers of ticket volume, surfacing insights from our product CSAT and ad hoc surveys, and owning the cross-functional relationship between member support, product, sales, customer success and marketing. This role is also responsible for planning for unhappy paths, and ensuring member support is prepared for new product launches and that all member-facing support collateral is accurate.
This role is essential for ensuring exceptional customer support and driving product improvement based on customer insights. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter with a passion for customer experience, and proven track record identifying insights that lead to meaningful product or support experience changes.
This role will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Member Experience.
Including but not limited to:
Member Frustrations / Ticket Insights
- Analyze support ticket data to identify the reasons members are writing into support
- Develop strategies to proactively prevent and minimize future product defects
- Build data-driven business cases to inform prioritization of initiatives
- Understand member-unfriendly processes, policies, and products that drive ticket volumes to identify opportunities to reduce GS ticket volume
- Share reports with Product and Customer Success on member friction points to influence change
- Investigate bugs reported by agents, members, and partners to identify root causes
Support Experience Planning
- Define the support experience for issues members will likely encounter when using ID.me product, including creating unhappy paths and decision trees to guide issue resolution to inform agent guidance and self-service reporting needed
- Partner with Chatbot team to build out troubleshooting guidance and automations
- Partner with Support Operations to prepare agents for new product launches
- Partner with Member Education team to create self-service help resources (Help Articles, Chatbot) and agent resources (live chat scripts, email responses)
- Partner cross-functionally to increase use of automations to resolve members’s issues
- Deep dive into the member journey to surface drivers of member confusion and dissatisfaction from the product
- Build a case for changes to the product experience to address user frustrations
- Partner with Product to identify opportunities to reduce abandonment
- Facilitate improvements to legitimate user experiences
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field such as Business, Mathematics, or other quantitative focus
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a project or program management role; prior experience working in a customer experience, customer support strategy, consulting, or business intelligence role a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data from various sources to identify trends and insights
- Ability to work autonomously and make independent decisions to meet deliverables with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence cross-functional teams to drive improvements and deliver results
- Strong interpersonal skills including strong listening, written and verbal communication, and the ability to communicate with others clearly and professionally
The ideal candidate will thrive in the following culture:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and shifting of gears
- Must be a team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for learning and continuous improvement
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
The annual base salary listed below for this role is based on experience, skills, education, relevant training and geographic location. Company bonus, incentive for sales roles, equity, and benefits are available depending on the role.
ID.me offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, health savings account, flexible spending accounts (medical, limited purpose, dependent care, commuter benefit accounts), basic and voluntary life and AD&D insurance, 401(k) with company match, parental leave, ability to participate in unlimited paid time off subject to the terms and conditions of the PTO policy, including 8 company wide holidays, short and long-term disability insurance, accident and critical illness insurance, referral bonus policy, employee assistance program, pet insurance, travel assistant program, wellbeing and childcare discounts, benefit advocates, and a learning and development benefit.
The above represents the anticipated total rewards package for this job requisition. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on qualifications, professional experiences, skills, education, relevant training, geographic location, and other job related factors.
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.