ID.me is a high-growth enterprise software company that simplifies how people prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button. ID.me’s digital identity network has over 117 million registered members, and is used by fourteen federal agencies, agencies in 30 states and over 600 corporations for secure identity proofing and verification.
ID.me’s technology meets the federal standards for consumer authentication set by the Commerce Department and is approved as a NIST 800-63-3 IAL2 / AAL2 credential service provider by the Kantara Initiative. In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand digital access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to identity verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
ID.me has received numerous awards including Deloitte’s 2023 Technology Fast 500, Washington Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies and Wall Street Journal’s Startup of the Year finalist. In recent quarters, ID.me announced it raised $132 million in Series D funding, led by Viking Global Investors with participation from CapitalG, Morgan Stanley Counterpoint, FTV Capital, PSP Growth, Auctus Investment Group, Moonshots Capital, and Scout Ventures. ID.me’s most recent round brings the total investment in ID.me to over $275 million since its founding in 2010.
ID.me is looking for a Software Development Engineer III - Wallet Account to add to our rapidly growing Account product engineering team. In this role, you will implement small to medium features across the full stack independently, while collaborating with the team on larger projects. You’ll have the opportunity to influence user experience through experimentation and data analysis. You’ll use your passion for quality and automation to write performant, maintainable, well tested code. You will work closely with cross functional teams, including engineering, product, data, operations, and senior leadership to achieve your goals.
The Account team is responsible for Account registration, authentication (including multi-factor authentication), account security, and the member experience within their Account. The team is responsible for business critical applications with 99.99% uptime and direct impact to ID.me members. You will have the opportunity to build systems at scale, query large data sets and collaborate with key internal stakeholders to build functionality that over 100 million members depend on.
We are open to hire this candidate in either location Sunnyvale, CA or McLean, VA
Salary Range for McLean, VA would be $140,000 - $184,150
- Build and maintain highly scalable and secure web applications, services, and APIs
- Write well-structured, reliable, efficient and easily maintainable code
- Consistently ship small and medium features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Collaborate with team members, product managers, and stakeholders to solve the right problems and build the best solutions for customer needs
- Effectively switch gears between maintaining and refactoring old code and writing newer and more modern services
- Use test driven development practices and/or test frameworks and tools to ensure that features are shipped defect free
- Demonstrate proficiency of object-oriented programming languages, tools and technologies
- Solve complex technical problems with varying degrees of ambiguity
- Use infrastructure as code to manage and provision application infrastructure
- Understanding of querying techniques and optimizations on relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience with source control using Git and GitHub
- A passion and experience in using automated testing as a lever to increase quality and predictability for the entire ecosystem.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be a team player with a self-managing work ethic.
- Hands on experience in Authentication and Account Security
- Understanding of technologies and standards such as OpenID Connect (OIDC), SAML, XACML SCIM, OAuth or other federated protocols
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- An obsession for building quality products.
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with Hashicorp Nomad/Vault/Consul/Terraform
- Experience using automated deployment and verification strategies
The annual base salary listed below for this role is based on experience, skills, education, relevant training and geographic location. Company bonus, incentive for sales roles, equity, and benefits are available depending on the role.
ID.me offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, health savings account, flexible spending accounts (medical, limited purpose, dependent care, commuter benefit accounts), basic and voluntary life and AD&D insurance, 401(k) with company match, parental leave, ability to participate in unlimited paid time off subject to the terms and conditions of the PTO policy, including 8 company wide holidays, short and long-term disability insurance, accident and critical illness insurance, referral bonus policy, employee assistance program, pet insurance, travel assistant program, wellbeing and childcare discounts, benefit advocates, and a learning and development benefit.
The above represents the anticipated total rewards package for this job requisition. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on qualifications, professional experiences, skills, education, relevant training, geographic location, and other job related factors.
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.