ID.me is simplifying how individuals securely prove and share their identity online. With their secure digital identity network, ID.me is doing for identity what Visa did for financial transactions. ID.me empowers people to fully control their own data through a portable and trusted login so they don’t need to create a new password at each site they visit.
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated a massive digital migration for many critical services. These services require a trusted identity to ensure an individual is who they claim to be while keeping out fraud. Identity verification that serves only one organization is costly and time-intensive. Separate passwords for each application add to consumer frustration. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with an individual so they only need to verify once.
ID.me is a federally-certified identity provider at the highest standards NIST has set for consumer identity verification and login. ID.me is one of only four companies in the United States of America certified by the federal government to bind a legal identity to a digital login.
In addition to providing individuals with complete control over their credentials and data, the company has a “No Identity Left Behind” initiative to expand access and inclusion for all individuals through a video chat verification process. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for hard-to-identify groups.
ID.me is looking for a DevOps Engineer III to add to our rapidly growing engineering team. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it by advancing the digital identity ecosystem. We are seeking a talented DevOps Engineer who enjoys the challenges of setting up and scaling large infrastructures and improving security vulnerabilities.
- Build and maintain scalable and performant production infrastructure, improving and ensuring reliability across our systems
- Troubleshoot and debug infrastructure issues
- Assist in remediating audit and compliance findings
- Work with our security operations team to improve security posture and manage vulnerabilities across our systems
- Identify and remediate scaling issues (i.e PostgreSQL connection pooling)
- Assist in maintaining data warehousing and other critical infrastructure
- Participate in on-call duties for production issues
- At least 3 years of experience working in medium or large scale production systems
- Strong background with public cloud technologies, preferably GCP and AWS
- Strong background with HashiCorp technologies (Terraform, Vault, Consul, Nomad)
- Strong background with containers and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Experience with IaC/orchestration tools (Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with CI/CD practices and platform tools (Jenkins, CircleCI, Github etc)
- Experience with observability tools (New Relic, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana, Splunk etc)
- Experience in PostgreSQL
- Experience in scripting (ie Bash, Python, and/or Ruby)
- Experience in Linux/Unix administration and solid networking knowledge
- Previous or current application development experience
- Must be located in the continental U.S.
Ideal candidate will thrive in the following culture:
- Must have an obsession for building quality products
- Ability to thrive when there are changing priorities and shifting of gears
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for security engineering, learning and continuous improvement
- Experience with SRE Concepts, Chaos Engineering, Mean Time to Detect (MTTD), and Mean Time to Restore (MTTR)
- Familiarity with STIG guidelines and systems
- Experience with security compliance and audits
Note that candidates must be located in the continental U.S.
ID.me Covid Vaccination Requirement
ID.me has a mandatory vaccination requirement where not prohibited by applicable federal or state law.
All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Employees not in compliance with this policy will be placed on leave and will be terminated if no valid reason for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is provided.
Purpose: In accordance with ID.me's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
Reasonable Accommodation: Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible after vaccination deadlines have been announced (September 13th) and an offer of employment has been made. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause ID.me undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers