At ID.me we simplify the identity verification experience for users. Once a user has verified their identity with ID.me, they never have to re-verify again anywhere that ID.me is integrated.
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication, without compromising access for hard-to-identify groups. ID.me’s technology is used by more than 40 million individuals and 400 partners, including federal and state agencies, healthcare organizations, financial institutions, retailers, and nonprofits.
- Manage a team of 4-6 engineers, support hiring and development of team members
- Build and maintain web applications, services and APIs
- Write well-structured, reliable, efficient and easily maintainable code
- Debug and optimize new and existing code, and write high quality unit tests
- Work independently and collaboratively with other software engineers on cross-team projects
- Lead and contribute to peer code reviews
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less-experienced software developers
- At least 2-3 years of experience managing a team
- Ability to be hands on at least 30% of the time
- Start-up experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of web technologies and object oriented design
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgresSQL, MySQL or MSSQL Server, or similar databases
- Experience with REST and SOAP based APIs
- Experience with source control using Git and GitHub
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
- Passion for software engineering, learning and continuous improvement
- Bonus: Understanding of technologies such as OpenID Connect (OIDC), SAML, XACML SCIM, OAuth, Federation, etc
- Must be located in the continental U.S. and work core EST hours
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers