IDEO.org improves the lives of poor and vulnerable communities through design. To affect that change, we work directly with foundations, nonprofits, and social enterprises; create tools and resources that teach human-centered design; and influence the social sector with stories of human-centered design in action. IDEO.org works directly with organizations across a range of focus areas including health, financial services, gender equity, education, and agriculture.
IDEO.org has an opportunity for a highly motivated Leadership Coordinator with a passion for effectively supporting an Executive team of creative leaders. In this role, you’ll provide a high level of professional support for IDEO.org’s Executive Director and the New York studio Co-Leads. This position is right for you if you have 3-5 years of Executive Assistant experience and are a real go-getter willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done. The ideal candidate will bring a customer-service mentality to this role, both anticipating needs before they arise and responding rapidly when they are surfaced.
The Leadership Coordinator will work at the epicenter of the NY-based Leadership team - helping individuals on the team prioritize their time and acting as a welcoming “front door” for people, internally and externally, who want to connect with the Leadership Team. The ideal candidate takes initiative to improve administrative processes in order to enable great design work.
One part air traffic control, one part early warning system, this is the person who helps keep the team on track by staying five steps ahead, anticipating how to prioritize precious time, and facilitating important connections to design teams and individuals in the SF and NY studios. Our pace is fast, our processes fluid, and our environment creative. We are a highly networked organization that thrives on relationships,collaboration, and initiative.
- Manage and coordinate calendars for IDEO.org’s Executive Director and the New York Studio Co-Leads, including the Design Director and the Managing Director. You will be the go-to person managing their time and daily experience, including scheduling internal and partner-facing meetings, booking all travel, etc.
- Help strategically prioritize calendars based on understanding about what is critical and/or urgent across programs and design work; making appropriate decisions that directly impact the individuals’ day-to-day experience
- Ensure timely completion of expense reports
- Support the leadership team in day-to-day routine as needed e.g. ordering lunch, etc.
- Collaborating with the studio coordinator to contribute to studio experience and support operations when needed
- Assist with special projects as needed (e.g. research preparation for upcoming meetings, support creating presentations, event planning and management)
- 3+ years of administrative support at an Executive level within a fast-paced organization (experience in a design-led environment is a plus)
- Expert with Google apps (gmail, calendar, drive), and Microsoft Office.
- Positive attitude, self-directed, assertive, humble, organized
- Careful attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to anticipate needs to successfully support a dynamic group of individuals
- Solutions-driven mentality with the ability to handle ambiguous and changing situations