IDEO.org improves the lives of poor and vulnerable communities through design. To affect that change, we work directly with foundations, nonprofits, and social enterprises; create tools and resources that teach human-centered design; and influence the social sector with stories of human-centered design in action. IDEO.org works directly with organizations across a range of focus areas including health, financial services, gender equity, education, and agriculture.
IDEO.org has an opportunity for a highly motivated Administrative Assistant with a passion for effectively supporting an executive team of creative leaders. In this role, you’ll provide a high level of professional administrative support for IDEO.org’s CEO and the New York studio Managing Directors. The Administrative Assistant will also help create amazing and engaging experiences for our New York studio community. This position is right for you if you have 3-5 years of experience in a fast paced, support position, consider yourself a real go-getter willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done. An ideal candidate will understand what it means to provide excellent customer service, perhaps because they’ve had experience working in the service industry or have previously served as an Executive Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant is the epicenter of the NY-based Leadership team - maintaining a big picture understanding of how leadership team members should be prioritizing their time, and acting as a “front door” for people, internally and externally, who want to connect with the Leadership Team. The ideal candidate takes initiative to improve administrative processes in order to enable great design work.
This is the person who helps keep the team on track by staying five steps ahead, anticipating how to prioritize precious time, and facilitating important connections to design teams and individuals in the SF and NY studios. Our pace is fast, our processes fluid, and our environment less than traditional. We are a highly networked organization that thrives on relationships, trust, collaboration, and credibility.
- Manage and coordinate calendars for IDEO.org's senior leadership team in New York You will be the go-to person managing their time and daily experience, including scheduling internal and partner-facing meetings, travel, logistics, etc.
- Contribute to strategic prioritization in calendar management with insight to understanding what is critical across practices and design work; making appropriate decisions that directly impact the individuals’ day-to-day experience
- Book flights, research hotels, make dinner reservations, arrange ground transportation, apply for visas, etc. - you will be the person ensuring leadership team members have smooth and considered travel experiences, domestically and internationally
- Ensure timely completion expense reports and credit card reconciliations
- Enter contact information for all external contacts into Salesforce
- From time to time, review and respond to emails on behalf of leadership team members
- Provide administrative support to the experience team. This could include scheduling and planning team events and celebrations, managing catering, and liaising with the IDEO New York experience team
- Provide light IT support, including setting up new laptops, managing inventory of technology in the studio, and ordering equipment
- Assist with special projects as needed - this could include designing presentations, undertaking research projects, and writing proposals or reports
- Passionate about our mission
- 3+ years of administrative support within a fast-paced organization (experience in a design-led environment is a plus)
- Hands on work experience with Google apps (gmail, calendar, drive). Experience with Keynote, Excel, and InDesign is a plus.
- Positive attitude, self-directed, assertive, and able to manage up
- Careful attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal communications
- Adaptability in challenging situations, able to change direction as needed
- Ability to anticipate needs to successfully support a dynamic group of individuals
- Solutions-driven mentality with the ability to handle ambiguous and changing situations