We’re on a mission to design a better world. And we want your help.
We’re a tight-knit group of designers, strategists, builders, writers, and connectors fueled by curiosity, optimism, and a passion for social change. Our work in the US is seeing us do more work to create systems and services that enable families to thrive – from economic justice to health equity to early learning and care.
IDEO.org has an opportunity for a proactive, detail-oriented Project Coordinator to join our US Portfolio Team, based in San Francisco or the Bay Area. As part of a dynamic and multi-disciplinary design studio, you’ll provide administrative and operational support to project teams working on a variety of areas as well as work closely with our partnerships team to build new relationships and develop compelling and impactful engagements.
We’re looking for a highly organized, collaborative and creative person who enjoys bringing clarity to chaos and has an appetite for learning on your feet in a fast-paced environment. This position is a great fit for someone early in their career who is passionate about creating conditions that enable great work to happen.
What you’ll do
Project and Partnership Coordination 70%
- Provide support to project teams with project-related tasks, such as scheduling expert interviews, hiring contractors, and preparing for client meetings
- Oversee design research operations, including working with partner to recruit interview participants, set participants up for success, secure consent forms, issue compensation and manage participants’ experience.
- Support project leads with administrative tasks and overall project management.
- Manage contracts + fulfilling grant requirements, working with our internal teams to ensure we’re organized
- Engage external partners by providing timely and informative communication, and submit narrative and financial reports on time, in collaboration with IDEO.org’s finance and operations team.
- Help to project manage the development of new proposals, writing sections, finding relevant case studies, and keeping everyone organized
Leadership Support 20%
- Provide individual administrative support for 1-2 Managing Directors, including:
- Calendaring: Responsive calendaring to meet internal and external partner needs.
- Travel planning. Plan travel itineraries, book flights and hotels, proactively identify local logistics challenges and plan around constraints.
Who you are
You love working in a fast-paced start-up environment and are adept at wearing many hats at any given moment. You’re a quick learner, enthusiastic, detail-oriented and collaborative—ready to roll up your sleeves and join a team that’s helping to bring human-centered design to some of the world’s toughest challenges. You’re:
- A self-starter with a bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience in project management, administration, or a related field
- A time and project management guru, capable of balancing multiple priorities at once
- A great writer, capable of producing clear and engaging communications for a variety of audiences
- Service-oriented, with a knack for bringing out the best in others
- An optimistic team player
- Someone with strong administrative and computer skills (familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite or Salesforce a plus)
IDEO.org Commitment to Diversity
At IDEO.org, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization and in the world. Our mission to design a more just and inclusive world is directly connected to our ability to bring many different perspectives to the table. This applies to our candidates, the people we hire, and the partners and communities we work with.
As a human-centered organization, we are committed to working with and designing for people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize that this commitment requires ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices.