We’re a tight-knit group of designers, strategists, builders, writers, and connectors fueled by curiosity, optimism, and a passion for social change. Our work tackling some of the world’s toughest design challenges takes us all over the world—from communities across Asia and Africa to neighborhoods in our own backyards.
IDEO.org is in search of a campaign manager for one of our cornerstone programs in Kenya. We launched a communications campaign to spread awareness about the importance of Early Childhood Development in Siaya County in partnership with the Siaya County Government and other local organizations.
The current brain science shows that 80% of a child’s brain is developed between conception and the age of 3; first 1000 days of life, but parents often aren’t interacting with and responding to their children in a way that supports this development. Brain science shows that children who get attention from their caregivers during the first 1000 days of life do better in school and find themselves on paths to success, as they are able to maximise their full potential.
The Campaign Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Support the implementation of the campaign and conduct training amongst partners and field champions on the use of the communication materials enabling them to spread the campaign messaging in their communities.
- Manage the relationships with our local partners whose efforts towards high quality campaign integration will be a key indicator of success.
- Collaborate with one or more of the implementing partners under the ECD Hilton Foundation grant through having regular check-ins with local partners on their integration of the campaign in their own activities
- Ensure seamless field operations for the Siaya County program for the studio and field team
- Be the point person for the county government and the bridge between Siaya field operations and the design team.
- Organize meetings in Siaya County dependent on the strategy and the partner needs, collecting prototyping materials for the design team.
The Campaign Manager is proactive, engaged, and ready to roll up their sleeves and get to work! This is a remote position, based in Siaya County, with occasional trips to Nairobi. There will be required travel around Siaya County. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, multi-tasker, loves to create structure from chaos, and a natural organizer.
- Minimum three years of experience in project and/or campaign management
- Demonstrated experience and skills in government relations, relationship building and business management
- Experience in implementing and monitoring communications campaigns across multiple channels
- Impeccable communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with a remote team
- A strong drive to address cultural and social barriers to positive early childhood development
- Fluency in Luo
Please provide your resume and cover letter communicating your interest in the position, your skills and experience for the role, and your availability to join the project for the project period. Applications will be accepted through October 23, 2020 for an anticipated start date of November 1, 2020.
Commitment to Diversity
At IDEO.org, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization and in the world. Our purpose of having disproportionate, world-changing impact through design is directly connected to our ability to bring many different perspectives to the table. This applies to our candidates, the people we hire, the clients and customers we serve, and the communities we learn from in our research.
As a human-centered organization, we are committed to working with and designing for people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize that this commitment requires ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices.