IDEO.org is a nonprofit design studio on a mission to design a more just and equitable world. We partner with nonprofit organizations, foundations, and governments to design programs, products, and services focused on improving health, economic mobility, and wellbeing.
We are currently seeking a Marketing & Communications Lead to join our team (based in either New York or San Francisco). As a core member of IDEO.org’s Global Communications Team, you will craft and implement communication strategies that help us tell compelling, timely stories about our work across a variety of channels. Equal parts brand strategist and project manager, you’ll collaborate with teams across the U.S. and Kenya to envision, design, and execute on marketing initiatives that build momentum around the value of design in the social sector.
Establish a consistent cadence of strategic marketing initiatives:
- Work with the Director of Communications to develop an annual marketing strategy, collaborating with teams across the organization to align on priorities
- Translate the strategy into an actionable communications plan and editorial calendar—managing efforts across channels (digital, print, publication, events and convenings)—identifying critical trade-offs and resetting priorities as needed
- Work with the fundraising team to develop and execute 1-2 fundraising campaigns per year
Build awareness of our work within key sectors & audiences:
- Position IDEO.org as a thought leader within our areas of focus—proactively identifying strategic storytelling opportunities, and vetting inbound requests
- Work with teams to craft marketing goals and messaging for new initiatives
- Support our people to effectively represent IDEO.org externally—preparing talking points and key messages as needed
- Promote and manage Design Kit, IDEO.org’s online human-centered design platform
Manage day-to-day marketing operations:
- Manage our digital marketing tools and platforms
- Set and monitor meaningful metrics to help the team understand the ROI of our marketing efforts
- Manage relationships with marketing partners and vendors (e.g. including website developers and outside agencies)
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in marketing, communications, or brand strategy, either at an agency or in-house
- A passion for social impact
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with a wide range of digital marketing tools and channels
- A strategic point of view and knack for project management—you can keep an eye on the big picture while managing the details)
- Ability to build trusted relationships and collaborate well across time zones and cultures
- The ability to thrive in in a fast-paced, creative environment
Commitment to Diversity:
At IDEO.org, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization and in the world. Our purpose of having disproportionate, world-changing impact through design is directly connected to our ability to bring many different perspectives to the table. This applies to our candidates, the people we hire, the clients and customers we serve, and the communities we learn from in our research.
As a human-centered organization, we are committed to working with and designing for people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize that this commitment requires ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices.