We're on a mission to design a more equitable world. And we want your help.
IDEO.org is a nonprofit design studio, with the mission to design a more just and inclusive world. We’re a tight-knit group of designers, strategists, builders, writers, and connectors fueled by curiosity, optimism, and a passion for social change. Our work tackling some of the world’s toughest challenges takes us all over the world—from communities across Asia and Africa to neighborhoods in our own backyards.
We are hiring a Senior Talent Associate in our New York studio. Reporting to the Director of Talent & HR, the Associate will manage recruitment across all three IDEO.org studios (San Francisco, New York, and Nairobi, Kenya) and will perform other essential HR generalist responsibilities related to onboarding, offboarding, compliance, learning and development, employee relations and engagement, benefits administration, and applicant tracking system and HRIS maintenance.
- Partner with managing directors and hiring teams to manage full life-cycle recruitment processes including: developing/revising job descriptions, posting jobs, coordinating resume review, conducting initial screenings and scheduling interviews, managing timely candidate correspondence, maintaining candidate records via Greenhouse, and driving consensus among hiring teams to drive toward decision-making
- Guide leadership and hiring managers in recruitment best practices, offering recommendations for revisions.
- Maintain existing, and establish new, recruiting partnerships (with sister organizations, colleges and universities, diversity networks…) to share experience, elevate IDEO.org’s brand, and build/manage a dynamic pipeline of high-potential, diverse candidates.
- Partner with the director of talent & HR to manage the immigration process for employees, where necessary.
- Manage reference check and background screening process.
- Provide an exceptional experience to all current and prospective candidates that are part of IDEO.org’s talent community or are currently part of a formal hiring process.
Onboarding and Culture
- Lead the onboarding process for new hires, including: collaborating with business leads and the Talent & HR team to implement onboarding plans and coordinate orientations; conduct talent & HR new hire orientations.
- Conduct new hire check-ins within the first 30, 60 and 90 days of employment, to assess employment experience, troubleshoot problems and identify themes that can inform future onboarding efforts.
- Play an active role in the NY studio’s experience team to inform a positive, engaging employment experience.
- Partner with staff, business leads, and the Talent & HR team to address and resolve employee relations issues.
Learning and Development
- Coordinate trainings, and learning and development opportunities; in partnership with the Talent & HR team. Develop and conduct select trainings.
- Support business leads to manage and guide professional development funds.
Benefits and Compliance
- Respond to requests for information, and provide resources, related to benefit offerings.
- Ensure benefit enrollments are timely and accurate, including: ensuring new employees are timely enrolled in correct benefit plans, transitioning employees are removed from plans, and other benefit changes are communicated to benefit administrators.
- Reconcile monthly benefit invoices.
- Partner with the director of talent & HR to manage the annual open enrollment process.
- Assist with completion of compliance reports.
- Manage the offboarding process for transitioning staff, including: collaborating with business operations teams, preparing exit interview materials and conducting and analyzing exit interviews - identifying trends and offering recommendations for improvements..
- Perform any related job responsibility as assigned by the director of talent & HR.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated person, with solid recruiting experience, in a professional creative environment. This role requires a fast learner, who is enthusiastic, detail-oriented, empathetic, and operates with a high level of discretion and tact.
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience, including demonstrated experience leading successful full-cycle recruitment efforts.
- Knowledge of talent and HR laws, best practices, and trends related to recruitment and employment practices.
- Demonstrated experience using HRIS and applicant tracking systems (ATS); experience with Paylocity and Greenhouse ATS a plus.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience using Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides) and Slack, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information and employment situations with a high level of tact, judgment, diplomacy and empathy.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain systems to ensure operations run smoothly.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field desired; equivalent experience and education also considered.
- SHRM or HRCI certification is a plus.
Commitment to Diversity
At IDEO.org, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization and in the world. Our purpose of having disproportionate, world-changing impact through design is directly connected to our ability to bring many different perspectives to the table. This applies to our candidates, the people we hire, the clients and customers we serve, and the communities we learn from in our research.
As a human-centered organization, we are committed to working with and designing for people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize that this commitment requires ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices.