We’re on a mission to design a better world. And we want your help.
IDEO.org is nonprofit design consultancy. We’re a tight-knit group of designers, strategists, builders, writers, and connectors fueled by curiosity, optimism, and a passion for social change. Our work tackling some of the world’s toughest design challenges takes us all over the world—from communities across Asia and Africa to neighborhoods in our own backyards.
IDEO.org is looking for an energetic and highly motivated Studio Coordinator to run the daily operations of our San Francisco studio. As part of our dynamic team, you will wear multiple hats. In addition to ensuring our studio is running smoothly, you will play a critical role championing experience for our studio and providing administrative support to our Talent function. You will be a key member of our core team and you’ll gain significant exposure to organizational functions including HR and Operations. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys the dynamic nature of a fast-paced environment. This position is right for you if you are a real go-getter, willing to get your hands dirty and help with whatever tasks come your way, and have a sincere passion for creating meaningful experiences for people around you.
Your responsibilities will include the following, but are not limited to:
Studio and Employee Experience:
- Maintain a safe, well-organized, productive, and inspiring work environment, and serve as the trusted go-to person for office-related questions and needs. Offer a warm welcome and delightful visit for guests of IDEO.org
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and building landlord / facilities operators
- Keep our team well-fed by supervising the stocking of our kitchen with a refreshing and healthy variety of snacks and beverages
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and prototyping materials
- Coordinate with third-party IT support for all studio-related technology needs
- Creatively build team culture through organizing activities and events. Constantly be on the lookout for new and exciting ways to make our studio a more vibrant place to work.
Onboarding, HR, and Talent support:
- Act as one of the first introductions to new team members based in SF during onboarding.
- Execute various administrative tasks that support the Talent/HR function
- Collaborate with Talent Leads to manage implementation and upkeep of HRIS, maintaining Namely as our main database of personnel information, documents, and PTO management
- You are passionate about our mission
- Internship up to one year of relevant experience support role
- Attention to detail (an absolute must!) You get energy from bringing order to chaos, keeping a busy workplace tidy and beautiful.
- Experience in organizing and curating events and community-building activities
- Strong communication skills and comfort speaking in group settings
- Able to switch seamlessly between self-directed independent work and highly collaborative teamwork
- Excited about the opportunity to get your hands dirty in an entrepreneurial environment
- Solutions-driven with the ability to thrive in ambitious and changing situations
- Excited and motivated to support the work of others
- You’re eager, a quick learner, and collaborative and ready to join a studio of people helping to bring human-centered design to some of the world’s toughest challenges
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IDEO.org is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.