We’re on a mission to design a better world. And we want your help.
We’re a tight-knit group of designers, strategists, builders, writers, and connectors fueled by curiosity, optimism, and a passion for social change. Our work tackling some of the world’s toughest design challenges takes us all over the world—from communities across Africa and Asia to neighborhoods in our own backyards.
IDEO.org has an opportunity for a proactive, detail-oriented Program Coordinator to join our Global Health Practice in San Francisco. As part of a dynamic and multi-disciplinary design studio, you’ll provide administrative and operational support to the program director, design teams and partnerships lead. We’re looking for a highly organized, collaborative and creative person who enjoys bringing clarity to chaos and has an appetite for learning on your feet in a fast-paced environment. This position is a great fit for someone early in their career who is passionate about design, and its potential to improve the lives of people in poor and vulnerable communities around the world.
What you’ll do
- Overall Program Coordination. Manage day-to-day coordination and logistics for our team in San Francisco and around the world, anticipating needs and keeping our studio running smoothly
- Calendar support. Responsive calendaring to meet internal and external partner needs. Proactive calendering for practice team members that looks forward and identifies the moments that require meetings or travel ahead of time.
- Travel planning. Plan travel itineraries, book flights and hotels, proactively identify local logistics challenges and plan around constraints.
- Reporting and Communication with partners. Engage external partners by providing timely and informative communication, and submit narrative and financial reports on time, in collaboration with IDEO.org’s finance and operations team.
- Support for Design teams. Help with project-related tasks, such as scheduling expert interviews, hiring contractors, and preparing for client meetings
- Create and maintain internal systems that allow the team to work and share knowledge efficiently, and collaborate with teams across the organization to improve existing systems
Who you are
You love working in a fast-paced start-up environment and are adept at wearing many hats at any given moment. You’re a quick learner, enthusiastic, detail-oriented and collaborative—ready to roll up your sleeves and join a team that’s helping to bring human-centered design to some of the world’s toughest challenges. You’re:
- Early career and a self-starter with a bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience in project management, administration, or a related field
- A time and project management guru, capable of balancing multiple priorities at once
- A great writer, capable of producing clear and engaging communications for a variety of audiences
- Service-oriented, with a knack for bringing out the best in others
- An optimistic team player
- Someone with strong administrative and computer skills (familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite or Salesforce a plus)
- Passionate about global poverty alleviation, and excited about the role that that design can play in creating new solutions
- If you speak French, thats a huge plus!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IDEO.org is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.