We’re on a mission to design a better world. And we want your help.
We’re a tight-knit group of designers, strategists, builders, writers, and connectors fueled by curiosity, optimism, and a passion for social change. Our work tackling some of the world’s toughest design challenges takes us all over the world—from communities across Asia and Africa to neighborhoods in our own backyards.
IDEO.org has an opportunity for a Program Coordinator to join our Prosperity Practice in San Francisco. A critical part of this role is supporting the Managing Director of the Prosperity Practice. By providing administrative support for the Managing Director, you are effectively driving IDEO.org’s impact in the world. You love working in a fast-paced start-up environment and are adept at wearing many hats at any given moment. You’re a quick learner, enthusiastic, detail-oriented and collaborative—ready to roll up your sleeves and join a team that’s helping to bring human-centered design to some of the world’s toughest challenges.
Support Managing Director of the Prosperity Practice: 60% of your time
- Calendar support. Responsive calendaring to meet internal and external partner needs. Proactive calendering that looks forward and identifies that moments require meetings or travel ahead of time.
- Travel planning. Plan travel itineraries, book flights and hotels, proactively identify local logistics challenges and plan around constraints.
- Submitting expenses. Gather receipts and submit expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Communication. Engaging external partners by providing timely and informative communication
- Inbox management. Providing a second set of eyes on the Managing Director’s inbox to make sure all priority emails from partners are addressed and have responses in a timely fashion
Support the project teams: 15% of your time
- Support the Practice Lead and teams throughout the project lifecycle, including travel planning, guiding project leads through internal processes, and scheduling timely reviews
- Coordinate partner communications and meeting calendaring
- Ensure teams have adequate supplies for their project space and prototyping materials
- Assist with creating and printing materials and other ad hoc team requests
Contracts and Operations: 10%
- Draft contracts and align with the Finance team, communicate with contractors, and manage documents on Salesforce and other internal tools.
- Work with IDEO.org’s Finance and Operations teams to process grant agreements and draft grant reports in a timely fashion
Cross-Organizational coordination and overall practice wellness: 10% of your time
- Act as the connecting point of contact between the Prosperity practice to all of the core team functions across IDEO.org (Talent, Partnerships, Finance, Operations, Leadership, etc)
- Create and maintain internal systems that allow the team to work and knowledge share
- Support planning and execution of events for teams, partners and funders
- Coordinate with partnerships team and support proposal writing and communicating with external partners
- Support the practice with other administrative duties as needed
- Contribute to the overall studio culture of IDEO.org San Francisco
- A person who finds joy in helping others. You are increasing the impact of the Managing Director and the Prosperity team by enabling them to do their best work.
- A hustler who thinks out of the box to solve problems. ‘Not possible’ is not in your vocabulary.
- A self-starter with a bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience in project management, administration, or a related field
- A coordination maven who enjoys being immersed in the details - from event planning to calendar ninja skills
- A time and project management guru, capable of balancing multiple and changing priorities
- Enthusiastic and bring a positive mindset to even the toughest challenges
- Skilled and efficient at performing administrative tasks and using various computer programs (Google apps, MS Word, Excel, Salesforce, etc). Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Curious about design thinking and its impact on poverty alleviation challenges around the world.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IDEO.org is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.