iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $152 billion in global client assets invested in 1,210 funds, as of December 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to add a Benefits Specialist to our quickly growing Human Resources team! Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Total Rewards and People Partners, this role’s main responsibility will be to define, design, implement, and administer health and welfare benefit programs for North America while providing ongoing support and evaluation of our benefits programs so that we can best grow and retain our talent. As a key member of the Total Rewards team, this person will manage the company’s health plans (including medical, dental, vision), welfare plans (including AD&D, STD, LTD), and well-being programming as well as other voluntary employee benefits for approximately 700+ employees in the United States and Canada.
To be successful, the ideal candidate must be both strategic and hands on in managing all facets of benefits (health, wellness, retirement, and leave programs). This role will act as an internal consultant and specialist for benefits best practices and identify trends and improvement opportunities. This candidate will manage annual open enrollment processes including broker and carrier marketing, plan decisions, employee communications, and education as well as execute an innovative and engaging benefits education program that extends beyond open enrollment. Communication and education are critical to ensuring our programs are understood and valued by our employees and managers.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced global environment and possesses a strong collaborative style, is focused on the employee experience, and is motivated by complexity and challenges. This candidate must have a passion for customer service, can handle confidential and sensitive information, is results-oriented, thinks both strategically and operationally, and is a high-energy team player who is adaptive in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Manage the implementation and administration of benefits programs, policies, plans and processes (e.g., health and wellness programs, retirement plans, leave policies, and insurance policies).
- Assist with the strategic planning and continuous improvement efforts for North America benefit programs; keep abreast of the market, make recommendations, and provide services aligned with employee needs.
- Develop tools and communication materials that increase employee engagement and understanding of benefit programs.
- Run open enrollment and renewal processes, including review and strategy, ensure competitive benefits packages are maintained and improved, and provide thoughtful data and analytics to inform decision-making.
- Manage new hire benefit orientation and onboarding for North America.
- Provide creative ideas and collaborate with the broader Human Resources team on employee wellness initiatives that enhance the employee experience.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with external benefit vendors.
- Act as a liaison between employees, managers, and internal stakeholders (HR, Legal, Finance, etc.,) to answer questions or concerns regarding iCapital’s benefit offerings.
- Administer and manage leave of absences (LOA) and partner with employees, HRBPs, managers and carriers to ensure leaves are documented, communicated, and administered consistent with company policies, and with compassion and empathy.
- Ensure accuracy of benefits data in HRIS, inclusive of benefits enrollment support.
- Liaise with the Payroll team on issues and processes to ensure accurate benefits, 401(k), and leave of absence processing.
Partner with the Finance team for billing accuracy and timely payment.
- Maintain and process all event changes such as status and new hires in both HRIS as well as with vendors.
- Provide administrative support with open enrollment, annual filings, audits, testing, wellness initiatives, and plan renewals.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws pertaining to benefits, in partnership with HR, Legal, and outside counsel; ensure all benefit program documentation and notices are updated and distributed.
- Participate in ongoing and/or ad hoc HR projects as determined by the needs of the organization.
- 6+ years of Human Resources experience with experience in benefits with benefits administration experience preferred
- In-depth expertise in benefits and strong knowledge of regulations related to benefit plans including HIPAA, ERISA, ACA
- Experience in M&A related activities including conducting due diligence and integrating and harmonizing benefits plans
- Experience with vendor selection, RFPs, and implementations
- Track record of using data as the basis for making decisions and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Comfortable interacting with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization
- Act with integrity, professionalism, and can handle confidential information and issues with discretion and sound judgment
- Proactive, team oriented, autonomous, meticulous attention to detail, and a resourceful problem-solving attitude
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office with a priority on Excel skills and proficient in HRIS, Benefits, Payroll, and 401k systems
- Knowledge of ACA compliance and preparation of 1095-c forms
- Knowledge of 401(k) plans and Canada RRSP retirement plans
- Able to travel to our offices across the tri-state (CT, NJ, NY) as needed
The base salary range for this role is $100,000 to $135,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.