iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $149 billion in global client assets invested in 1,182 funds, as of November 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire an Associate to join the Corporate Development team. This role will support the team in evaluating, planning, and executing organic and inorganic strategic initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate will work directly with senior leadership and will be pivotal in fostering long term growth at iCapital.
- Create rigorous, fact-based, quantitative and qualitative analysis for Corporate Development recommendations.
- Perform external market research and become a sector expert to help the team gather competitive industry intelligence, evaluate market developments and trends, and screen potential M&A opportunities.
- Be an active member of the Due Diligence team for M&A processes from start to finish across financial, legal, and business diligence workstreams.
- Assist in the acquisition integration planning and execution across business functions.
- Prepare presentations, business plans, industry analyses, financial analyses and communicate findings both verbally and written in executive-ready deliverables.
- Interact across business lines and corporate functions to gather inputs for business and financial case validations.
- Collaborate and coordinate with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on strategic initiatives and then help drive those initiatives to completion.
- Assist with special projects for senior management in support of iCapital’s businesses.
- Intellectual interest in private markets and a passion for helping build an industry-defining company.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity.
- Energetic and a team-oriented individual who thrives on challenge in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities, often under pressure to meet demanding deadlines.
- 2-4 years of experience in Corporate Development, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Management Consulting, Corporate Finance, or Law.
- Prior experience working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, performance-driven environment; Fintech or financial services experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Able to articulate opinions and write clear and concise memoranda on investment opportunities and strategic recommendations, with a strong command of PowerPoint and other presentation tools.
- Solid interpersonal skills with success as an approachable collaborator at all levels of an organization.
- Team player with proven track record at working cross-functional lines of an organization and with a variety of key stakeholders.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Expertise in Excel based financial modeling and valuation models a plus.
The base salary range for this role is $100,000 to $115,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together, and prioritize office-first four days a week . Most employees have the option to work remotely one day a week while some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.