iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $148 billion in global client assets invested in 1,155 funds, as of September 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is seeking a highly motivated Product Manager to help lead various buildouts of a critical core area of product at iCapital. You will be working in a team-oriented environment with smart and hardworking individuals in a results-oriented culture with support from the Executive Management. This is a management level opportunity with room for growth and oversight over teams, projects, and space. You will have the opportunity to solve fun and complex industry wide problems, spanning across a number of various alternative investment products. You will be working directly with end users and clients to bring scale and efficiencies spanning across a multitude of different business processes, as well as various user experiences for key critical online functions. This is an opportunity to utilize the latest technologies and innovative solutions, with room to grow or broaden your responsibilities as the company continuously grows. You will own, lead and deliver various solutions with direct oversight of product building, largely defining and influencing others in your own space, from identifying unmet needs to defining requirements, writing user stories, developing project communication plans, and testing product features. We live and breathe agile and deploy fast, to learn and iterate quickly. Having fun while doing it is a big part of who we are so the ideal candidate will embrace a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Develop the strategic road map, and lead the direction of the product of the platform in partnership with stakeholders
- Present, communicate, and work directly with the executive management as needed or to provide status updates of critical strategic projects
- Resolve issues and concerns around the allocation of resources and work with stakeholders to manage expectations and setting of priorities
- Work with production support team and provide oversight and work to resolve existing gaps with new builds or proposals for new resources.
- As the company grows, propose and plan team structure/expansion where necessary with a well thought out plan of execution.
- Mentor the team by coaching and leading by example from all aspects of development whether building relationships or project execution.
- Identify the highest leverage areas and mobilize key constituents quickly to deliver great products and critical key features/functions.
- Work with UX Design, Technology and other partners in scoping different solutions, writing user-stories and preparing the organization for product launches
- Develop a strong understanding of business impacts and what is most critical and manage the team and space for concurrent requests and requirements
- Test and review online product upgrades and oversee team execution in general and ensure flawless execution
- Monitor the performance of the product and continuously improve it through all the life-stages of a product
- Maintain awareness of the competitive landscape from a business and legal / compliance perspective
- Step outside the product realm when appropriate to contribute to the team and overall company mission
- 3+ years of experience in product management in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Proven track record of management of technical teams and projects.
- Proven track record for managing space for organizing requests and priorities
- Proven track record of exercising strong influence in partnerships with colleagues, teams, and clients
- Great communicator and comfortable engaging executive management for ideas and resolutions
- Natural problem solver and driven to push initiatives to conclusions
- Critical thinker and comfortable with the unknown
- Financial technology background strongly preferred
- Willingness to dig deep, analyze and know the ins and outs of how things work
- Comfort with leveraging SQL and ability to generate conclusions based on data being presented
- Develop an in-depth understanding of organizational data flow and its impact on business processes.
- Expertise with QA testing and business analysis and project management
- Strong technical background and understanding; ability to construct wireframes and design user experiences while understanding basic API functionalities
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of building relationships to gain buy in and achieve business results
- History of customer centric focus with a knack for quick and thoughtful problem-solving
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a total compensation program consisting of competitive salary, annual performance bonus, and equity for all full-time employees; healthcare with 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance; and generous paid time off (PTO).
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc