iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $152 billion in global client assets invested in 1,210 funds, as of December 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire an Analyst to join the Corporate Finance team. This role will involve accounting and reporting responsibilities, month end close duties, accounts receivable and accounts payable monitoring, treasury management, financial reporting consolidations and eliminations as well as ad hoc projects.
- Month End Close:
- Prepare journal entries as it relates to revenue and trails accruals.
- Interact with internal Fund Finance teams, internal Legal team, and external key contacts.
- Assist with reconciliation of roll forward schedules related to accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Monitor AR collections and AP payments, tracking aging of said schedules.
- Cash Reconciliation:
- Reconcile cash inflows and outflows between the firm’s bank accounts and general ledger.
- Report on actual revenue and trails data compared to estimates accrued.
- Book cash journal entries and applying cash to invoices and bills.
- Identify and remediate process gaps and implementing effective internal controls; improve documentation of internal control processes.
- Assist in completing special projects as needed such as data and technology integrations and enhancements
- Coordinate across multiple departments to complete assignments that require collaboration, including providing financial data.
- 0-2 years of accounting experience (if 0 will need relevant internship experience)
- Knowledge of booking journal entries and the resulting impact to the financial statements
- Degree in Accounting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Preferred but not required:
- Understanding of GAAP reporting
- Familiarity with Oracle NetSuite and/or General Ledger systems (i.e., PeopleSoft, Axiom)
- Fund accounting experience
- Able to manage large sets of data and be able to implement checks and balances
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with big picture capability
- Able to interpret legal/fund documents
- Demonstrate ability to take on new, challenging assignments spontaneously
The base salary range for this role is $60,000 to $70,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three to four days and remotely for the remainder of the week. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.