iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $148 billion in global client assets invested in 1,155 funds, as of September 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
The Quant team at iCapital drives our platform capability to deliver industry-leading analytical insights that help CIOs, researchers, advisors, and GPs manage multi-asset portfolios and utilize alternative assets to meet long-term investment objectives. The team consists of Quantitative Researchers and Quantitative Developers that together research, define, and implement models that will guide clients in portfolio construction, asset allocation, and risk management. Team members have diverse backgrounds such as finance, economics, math, physics, quantitative finance, computer science, and other science and engineering fields. They collaborate closely with business-side colleagues, product managers, platform architects, and software developers to deliver analytics for the firm’s clients.
The Quant Researchers’ core mission is to research and construct proprietary quantitative modeling methodologies to underpin the portfolio risk analytics capabilities of the firm’s commercial technology platform. Researchers apply established financial economic theory and statistical learning techniques to a combination of proprietary, public, and third-party data. They define and statistically test innovative analytical methodologies and portfolio risk analytics capabilities. These tools help our clients construct and manage multi-asset portfolios including alternative assets such as hedge fund, private equity, private credit, real estate, structured investments, annuities, and digital assets.
- Understand the latest research in behavioral finance, portfolio analytics, and risk management across academia and industry practitioners, with a focus on alternative assets.
- Replicate, assess, and/or improve on empirical methodologies from academic literature published in general interest finance and economics journals.
- Apply data analytics techniques from both traditional statistics and machine learning to a combination of proprietary, public, and third-party data.
- Define and assess innovative proprietary analytical methodologies for portfolio construction and risk management.
- Prototype new quantitative models and collaborate closely with quant developers as well as other teams to productionize the models.
- Write peer-reviewed or white papers and documentation on proprietary research results and modeling methodologies.
- Present research results to stakeholders and clients.
- Ph.D. in finance, economics, or related discipline ideally
- 1-5 years of industry experience in quantitative research
- Proficiency in a scientific coding language (R or Julia preferred)
- Learned or applied experience with utility-based portfolio theory, discrete choice modeling, and structural estimation using techniques such as Generalized Method of Moments (GMM/SMM) and/or MCMC
- A working knowledge of Bayesian inference
- Familiarity with standard statistical techniques such as non-parametric and parametric bootstrapping, the delta method, and basic asymptotics
- Experience working with panels of financial data
- Prior experience in writing research papers
- Strong interest in portfolio construction and risk management
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
The base salary range for this role is $130,000 to $170,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three to four days and remotely for the remainder of the week. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.