iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $148 billion in global client assets invested in 1,155 funds, as of September 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking for a candidate to join its growing Research and Due Diligence team. The candidate will focus on conducting due diligence on Private Capital funds and author thorough due diligence reports that are offered to our clients. The candidate should have strong knowledge of industry trends in private equity, private credit, and/or real estate and real assets.
- Lead investment and operational due diligence on private capital managers identified for inclusion on the firm’s platform.
- Prepare clear and comprehensive due diligence reports on managers, including qualitative and quantitative factors.
- Help lead internal processes for conducting due diligence and overseeing the quality and consistency of due diligence reports. Play an active role in the management of the due diligence projects pipeline.
- Keep abreast of investment opportunities and be able to successfully communicate information to the investment team.
- Source new managers, perform initial screening, and identify managers for further consideration.
- Maintain a pipeline of investment ideas that are in market or coming to market over a 12-month period and lead the effort in creating market maps for each major strategy.
- Prepare marketing and education materials on various products/strategies for clients of the firm.
- Present investment merits of current products in the market as well as current trends in the private capital investing to clients.
- 15+ years of total experience in financial services; with 10+ years of experience conducting due diligence on private capital managers, preferably for a top-tier investment consultant, large institutional LP (pension fund/endowment), or fund of funds
- Fund manager evaluation as the candidate’s primary responsibility at prior firm(s)
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong written communication skills: able to present in front of senior professionals in the industry
- Able to work independently
The base salary range for this role is $190,000 to $240,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three to four days and remotely for the remainder of the week. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.