iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital has more the 800 employees and services approximately $131 billion in global client assets invested in over 1’000 funds, with offices in New York (headquarters), New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Zurich, London, Lisbon, Hong- Kong and Singapore.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards and selected to the Forbes FinTech 50 for the past five years, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
iCapital is looking for an Software Engineer to work on the SIMON powered by iCapital platform. You will be involved in the development of key parts of the platform while scaling the backend team to meet the needs of a new international audience. You will coordinate work, guide technology decisions, and contribute as an esteemed member of the software development team. You will work closely with our Product Management team throughout the software development process, detailing requirements, reviewing work in progress, and addressing issues found via manual test efforts.
- Work directly with clients and collaborate across teams to serve as the technical architect for new client projects
- Use open-source technologies like Scala, Akka, Postgres and Kinesis to build elegant APIs that clients will love
- Have a deep understanding of our business and work closely with our Sales and Product teams to drive new initiatives
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ Years experience in a similar role using a modern programming language (we use Scala and are happy to teach those willing to learn)
- Leadership/mentorship Experience
- Experience with REST API
- Experience with AWS
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working directly with clients
- Self-starter, creative problem solver and not afraid of tackling big challenges
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about financial products and markets
- Experience building APIs for large scale applications
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a total compensation program consisting of competitive salary, annual performance bonus, and equity for all full-time employees; healthcare with 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance; and generous paid time off (PTO).
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc