iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $148 billion in global client assets invested in 1,155 funds, as of September 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital’s rapid expansion into the European marketplace creates an opportunity for an experienced and talented international tax professional to support its international expansion strategy. This is a newly created role within the Fund Finance Tax Services group to support expansion opportunities outside the U.S. This position is a tax compliance role that will service hedge and private equity fund of fund and access fund vehicles (the “funds”) in conjunction with third-party administrators and tax preparers to ensure timely tax reporting and communication, as well as drive continuous improvement throughout the processes. These will primarily be funds created to invest into or alongside specified 3rd-party alternative asset managers, so called ‘feeder’ or ‘conduit’ funds.
- Work with International Product Development colleagues to identify tax-related reporting needs and compliance challenges associated with structures in certain markets (predominantly, but not solely, in Europe) and build processes to address them.
- Manage external tax advisors where applicable.
- Follow relevant tax-related regulatory changes and develop plans to address.
- Assist in various fund launch activities and ad hoc requests.
- Monitor various internal and external calendars for different stakeholders such as investor relations, sales teams, and client relationship managers as well as adhere to client service expectations.
- Manage the collection and dissemination of tax information from underlying funds.
- Coordinate with third-party tax preparers and administrators in the review of the fund investment and preparation of tax information in various jurisdictions.
- Manage US FATCA and the Common Reporting Standard process – Cayman, Canada, Luxembourg.
- Monitor and perform to service level expectations and escalate to managers to keep processes on time.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in relevant field
- 6+ years of relevant experience, preferably with a background in cross-border tax compliance for alternative investment funds and private wealth investors
- Working knowledge of Pan-European tax regulatory regimes and requirements including but not limited to Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Netherlands
- Familiarity with Asian and Canadian tax requirements a plus
- Fluency in English required - other European languages a plus — strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft suite skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and comfortable learning new systems and technology
- Comfortable analyzing large volumes of data
- Proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Willingness to learn new topics and work in an evolving business environment
- Organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with capability to see the big picture
The base salary range for this role is $140,000 to $180,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three to four days and remotely for the remainder of the week. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: htps://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.