Vice President, Co-Investments Portfolio Management
New York City or Greenwich, Connecticut
iCapital Network is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $70 billion in global client assets invested in close to 750 funds across more than 125,000 underlying accounts.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards and selected to the 2018, 2019 and 2020 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Vice President responsible for the evaluation of private equity co-investments and secondaries. This individual will join the iCapital Portfolio Management team within the Fund Management & Research Group.
- Perform due diligence on companies and their industries
- Perform due diligence on sponsor partners
- Prepare financial underwriting models
- Draft investment memoranda and marketing presentations
- Discuss prospective and completed investments with clients
- Monitor completed investments, which includes maintaining records and files, reviewing quarterly updates, conducting calls with sponsor partners, and attending annual meetings
- Help source and triage investment opportunities from the sponsor and intermediary community
- At least 7 years of total experience across private equity (i.e. direct investing, co-investing, secondaries) and/or investment banking
- Prior focus on growth equity, pre-IPO, and/or buyout investments is highly preferred
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative analytical capabilities, including proficiency building and running growth equity and/or LBO models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience drafting comprehensive investment memoranda
- Ability to problem-solve and make logical recommendations
- Professional and confident demeanor, including comfort interacting with senior personnel in the industry
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling; and generous paid time off (PTO) featuring unlimited sick time and parental leave. As we plan to re-enter our offices in 2021, iCapital will offer most employees the flexibility to work remotely one to two days a week. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will be based in our NYC or CT office.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.