Do you enjoy building partnerships that disrupt conventional tactics to deliver unparalleled value to all parties? Does the challenge of unlocking and growing a new vertical invigorate you? Do you enjoy the fast-paced, hair-on-fire environment of a rocket ship growth start-up with an industry-changing product?
Ibotta is fundamentally changing how the world’s leading brands think about mobile marketing, and we are looking for winners to join our rapidly growing sales team. We win as a team and build true win-win partnerships, and we wake up every day ready to disrupt legacy industries. We are looking for a powerhouse Senior Director of Mobile Commerce Partnerships to help us build a new vertical in the mobile and app marketing space, selling to the biggest players in mobile and app commerce and bringing them onto our highly-efficient platform.
- Own the entirety of the sales process, from initial prospecting to leading in-person discussions and developing and delivering presentations with C-Level executives.
- Meet/exceed annual revenue targets through the development, advancement, and closure of client partnerships
- Prioritize targets and opportunities to maximize time spent on largest opportunities
- Grow, maintain and leverage your network. Attend conferences, trade shows and industry events to build relationships, close deals and maintain expertise on our industry. Leverage combination of cold calling, networking and referrals to build relationships with the decision makers
- Develop and deliver sales presentations that educate prospective clients on Ibotta’s value proposition, roadmap, and partnership opportunities
- Listen to clients (existing and potential) and identify opportunities to grow and enhance the business
- Negotiate terms. Create win-win partnerships
- Ensure that sales tactics align with the values, goals, and resources of the business. Work with leadership to establish appropriate targets
- Ensure retention and growth of existing accounts through adept post-campaign account management and education around new product enhancements
- Work closely with other functional teams to ensure client campaigns are successfully executed from start to finish
- Learn and leverage key principles of the “Challenger Sales Model” to maintain control of challenging and complex client opportunities
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 10+ years of national B2B sales experience in retail or consumer goods. Existing Rolodex of relationships in marketing roles at mobile commerce players a big plus
- Demonstrated success in challenger sales, including ability to pivot and problem solve during sales process
- Proven ability to sell into high-level leadership (including C-level) and to navigate potential customer organizations to connect with the business owner/decision maker
- Brilliant communication skills, both written and oral. Master presenter (Candidates must do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Strong negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Outstanding leadership abilities
- Well organized, with experience in CRM software
- Flexibility, accountability, resourcefulness and ability to work with little direction in fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong analytical skills: innate compulsion to measure the results of your work
- Observant, intuitive team player who thrives on collaborating to make the business stronger
- Relentless drive to ensure that you, the company and our clients succeed
- Humility and positivity
- Travel up to 50% required
- About Us:
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile, and has paid out more than $200 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has nearly 22 million downloads, and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
This position is located in Denver and reports to the VP of Client Partnerships. Includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity. Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, height, weight and genetics. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.