Ibotta is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Search to come build something great with us. As part of the engineering team, you will work on the search platform that powers our app that is used by millions of consumers. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a real passion for building and scaling infrastructure using technologies such as Elasticsearch, AWS, Redis, DynamoDB, and machine learning. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Work with Product, Design, and Data Science teams to build new features, tools and functionality that provide fast, relevant and reliable search for millions of users
- Take ownership of the design and implementation of search
- Implement and continually refine indexing and ranking methodologies
- Effectively query large search datasets (hundreds of millions of rows)
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Research and implement technology solutions for reliable, scalable, high-performing services
- Assess the quality and content of our searchable data
- Identify key features of the content, shopper intent, and queries
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years search-specific experience with technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, etc
- Experience building a scalable search infrastructure that is high-performing and monitoring-driven
- Familiarity with developing microservices
- Development experience in languages such as Node.js, Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, etc
- Extensive knowledge of MySQL, Postgres, or other RDBMS
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design, development, and architectural principles
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $250 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 23 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.