About INTERACTIVE BROKERS!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983. We pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company and challenging the status quo. We push boundaries to offer our clients the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features at the lowest cost. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. Interactive Brokers is regularly recognized as a leader in the financial services industry.
About Your Team
The Buyer role reports to our Global Category Leader and is responsible for supporting sourcing & procurement of approx. $50+ million of various IT Hardware & Telecom products and services primarily, but also has exposure to other indirect categories if interested, through a systematic procure-to-pay platform.
- Support assigned sourcing projects, ensuring successful completion, including market and total cost analysis, the RFX process, negotiations, providing supplier selection recommendations, contract creation, and contract management.
- Develop strong relationships with internal IT and Business partners.
- Contribute to cost savings and avoidance initiatives.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to support operations, including delivery expediting, re-routing, processing purchase orders and issue resolution.
- Support industry analyses: assess micro- and macro-economic factors and conduct financial analyses to identify industry opportunities and create strategies for risk mitigation.
- Determine Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) during products and services evaluation.
- Be comfortable evaluating supplier capabilities, cost structure, risks, performance etc.
- Ability to review and redline contracts for IT categories
- Perform other activities as assigned by the manager.
- BS or BA in Purchasing, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Information Technology or other business-related field
- 2 – 5 years' relevant sourcing & procurement experience
- Negotiation, analytical and reporting skills
- Experience in financial analysis with knowledge of cost model development
- Team player with the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and hands-on with one of the Source-to-Pay (S2P) solution
- Effectively collaborate with IT, legal, procurement, finance and other departments to accomplish daily tasks and issues.
- Comfortable with engaging suppliers and leading internal calls for resolution
To be successful in this position, you will have the following:
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication (Verbal and written) skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company lunch allowance provided, and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899