Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983. We pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company and challenging the status quo. We push boundaries to offer our clients the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features at the lowest cost. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. Interactive Brokers is regularly recognized as a leader in the financial services industry.
We are looking for highly skilled senior programmers with an affinity and liking for Mathematics and a passion for high-quality software engineering. Our openings could be qualified mostly as „back-end development.” However, day-to-day responsibilities may be connected to front-end tasks as well.
As a Java software engineer, your tasks and responsibilities may include the following:
- Designing, implementing, and delivering high-quality software solutions that conform to architectural standards
- Managing and “owning” significant development tasks end-to-end (from business requirements analysis to 3rd-level production support)
- Demonstrating excellent collaboration skills in working closely with other development teams to roll out important changes and applications
- Researching, conceiving, and developing technology solutions to extend and improve IBKR’s client-facing and back-end applications
- Reviewing code changes made by other developers to ensure correctness, efficiency, readability, and conformity with best practices
- Optimizing and refactoring existing code for improved reliability and performance
- Writing and maintaining design and engineering documentation
- Testing, fine-tuning, and deploying new software features
- Performing maintenance, updating production configuration required for rolling out new functionality and providing technical support
Our essential requirements are:
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience in Java development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of SQL and/or relational databases, other data storage solutions
- Experience in working in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience in at least one scripting language (e.g., Unix Shell)
- Strong communication skills in English
Company Benefits & Perks
- Discretionary, performance-based bonus
- Vision and dental care benefits, sports activity compensation
- Stock incentive plan
- Lunch in the office
*The benefits package will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899