We are currently looking for an Infrastructure Automation Developer who is passionate about all areas of software development and computer infrastructure automation.
The developer will design, deploy, maintain and document automation platforms and services critical to Interactive Brokers Infrastructure. The candidate would be responsible for developing and deploying technologies that interact with Interactive Broker’s computer infrastructure pragmatically, including building self-service solutions.
A desirable candidate will have broad technical knowledge of standard Linux servers, networks, and storage systems. The candidate must also be proficient in Virtualization, including VMware & Kubernetes. An ideal candidate would also be familiar with storage technologies, including NetApp, 3PAR, and Brocade and have experience with Block and Object Storage technologies (S3 and/or MinIO). A major benefit is a practical experience with time series database technologies, Prometheus/Thanos/Cortex/Mimir. We are also integrating our automation platforms with ServiceNow, so any experience with ServiceNow integration would also be a benefit.
The candidate must have demonstrated experience in development tooling platforms that allow for automated configuration management, incident management, system provisioning, capacity management and software release management. These include but are not limited to, Python, Ansible, AWX/Tower, Terraform, RestAPI-based communications, and similar interactive tools.
We are looking for a developer with a software development skillset that goes beyond code development. The developer must understand standard software release methodologies, including CI/CD, code repository (git) best practices, working in sprint cycles, and using IDEs.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Four-six years of direct experience designing, installing and/or managing enterprise-scale automation,
- Three+ years of demonstrated experience in a large enterprise with a focus on tool development and deployment, including documentation and cross-training end-users,
- Two+ years of development experience deploying and supporting self-service solutions. Relevant work experience, including Linux/Unix systems administration, integration testing and scripting experience in Shell scripting, Python, AWX or other web front-ends.
- Versed in various hardware and software manufacturers, experience in mixed vendor environments such as Cisco, VMware, Linux, and NetApp. This includes developing and deploying solutions based on open-source solutions and technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience presenting highly conceptual designs to executives, mid-level management, and peer engineers.
- Experience programming in Python,
- Experience with Ansible playbook design and execution,
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems,
- Experience with VMware and/or Kubernetes,
- Experience with storage platforms such as NetApp, 3PAR, and Brocade,
- Familiarity with Python Web Application Frameworks, for example, Flask or Django,
- Familiarity with web services technologies such as REST and gRPC
- Development of a CI/CD Environment
- Leveraging vendor APIs to configure and gather data from network devices
- Working knowledge of common visibility platforms such as Grafana, Prometheus, Loki, etc.
- Experience with container virtualization technologies
- Knowledgeable in security procedures and best practices
Company Benefits & Perks
- Salary commensurate with experience. Performance based cash bonus and stock grant.
- Excellent health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan with a company match, paid time off.
- Hybrid work model.
- Daily company-paid lunch and healthy snack options throughout the day.
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams.
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899