Technical Operations Specialist (TOPS)
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983. We pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company and challenging the status quo. We push boundaries to offer our clients the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features at the lowest cost. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform.
Interactive Brokers seeks an individual to join our expanding Technical Operations team. To offer the finest online trading experience in the world, Interactive Brokers must monitor, maintain and support (with vigilance) our software, systems, and other crucial business technology around the clock and across the globe. Interactive Brokers maintains a small team of cross-trained and exceptionally responsible individuals unbound to one specific skill or discipline to achieve this goal. With "bushido spirit," these operators develop tools, systems, and solutions to ensure the correct function of the various systems encompassing Interactive Brokers' platform. The operators gain experience and provide additional value working under the expert direction of senior trade, skill, and industry experts to resolve complex issues with specific technology, hardware and software components.
- Monitor all aspects of the Interactive Brokers global brokerage system.
- Analyze, address, escalate and resolve brokerage system operational issues.
- Communicate with exchanges to configure, test, and implement new trading technologies.
- Work with developers to design new and improved existing brokerage processes.
- Analyze existing business workflows to develop new monitoring tools and automate process monitoring.
- Act as the primary escalation point for all technical issues.
- Strong English communication skills.
- A Bachelor's or apprenticeship in a technical discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of computers, networks and technology.
- The ability to analyze and solve problems promptly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience in a technology position
- Experience with Unix / Linux style command line interfaces
- Previous experience with scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python)
- A keen desire to explore and learn new concepts, systems and technologies.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- CPF Contributions
- Excellent medical insurance, including dental, specialist and in-patient
- Competitive package of Annual Leave
- Daily lunch is ordered in house with a fully stocked kitchen
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
- Corporate discount on selected fitness centers
- Great work-life balance
- Unique opportunity to gain exposure to global financial products, markets and clientele
- Opportunities for career progression and job scope expansion in a global company with a growing local presence
- Hybrid work arrangement role permitting
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899