Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983. We pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company and challenging the status quo. We push boundaries to offer our clients the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features at the lowest cost. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. Interactive Brokers is regularly recognized as a leader in the financial services industry.
What will be your responsibilities within IBKR:
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager (~ 40% coding + 40% project design and management)
- Ensure the professional growth of your direct reports through coaching, mentoring and code reviews
- Meet weekly with direct reports to discuss performance and development and to provide feedback and coaching
- Take notice of performance and balance professional growth and the needs of the business in project design
- Ensure a continued high-quality codebase through code reviews
- Provide leadership to engineers at multiple experience levels
- Work directly with internal end-users to refine user interfaces and identify future improvements
What skills are required:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or a related area
- One-plus years of experience in software engineering management
- Five-plus years of professional programming experience with a compiled language (Java preferred, C++/C#/Go ok)
- Experience in full-stack design and implementation (including user interface design)
- A high attention to detail
Good to haves:
- Experience managing senior engineers
- Experience with Spring
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of finance
- Master's / Ph.D
To be successful in this position, you will have the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
This role's anticipated base salary range is $200,000 to $230,000 annually based on skills and experience. The offered salary is just part of the total compensation package. In addition to a competitive salary, the company offers both a discretionary cash bonus and stock award as well as a wide range of benefits, including health care, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company lunch allowance provided, and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899