Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983. We pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company and challenging the status quo. We push boundaries to offer our clients the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features at the lowest cost. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform.
As a member of our Operations team, the Platform Operations Engineer will help address the operational needs of a mixed on-premise and cloud Linux environment.
In this role, the person is expected to know DevOps tools, understand block, file and object storage technologies, and have a strong Linux System Administration and Operations background. They have excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. The person should be passionate about automation and learning new skills and technologies.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities
Essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Strong operational skills, with the ability to work with end users to understand requirements and resolve trouble tickets
- Drive consistent, standardized solutions across IBKR for all hardware, software, configurations, and processes.
- Implement tools and processes for the efficient and effective operational management of the environment - change management, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support (when necessary) to perform high-risk or planned downtime of IBKR's data center systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- Participate in permanently eliminating issues through automation and engagement with Platform Engineering teams on more complex projects.
- Interact with internal teams to provide solutions and resolve problems promptly and proactively.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to individuals of varying technical ability
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Strong experience with DevOps tools and automation, including familiarity with CI/CD pipeline concepts, Docker, orchestration and configuration management (Ansible, Git, etc.)
- Experience with storage protocols and technologies such as S3, EFS, EBS, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Fiber Channel
- Able to handle pressure during outages and systematically resolve issues
- Experience being tasked outside their training, willing to take on and learn new technologies
- Experience in Python scripting.
- Solid understanding of host, network and cloud security concepts
- Strong background in Linux administration. Understanding of core Linux concepts and technologies (LVM, systemd, memory/CPU/network/disk management and troubleshooting, Bash scripting, kernel tuning)
- Understanding of standard services and protocols (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory/LDAP, SSH, SNMP)
- Understand current monitoring concepts and tools ( Prometheus, New Relic, Datadog, etc.)
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Five-plus years of Linux System Administration
- Two years of experience in scripting or software development
- Familiarity with AWS or another cloud provider preferred
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899