This hybrid position requires you to be in the office three days a week.
Join the Interactive Brokers Team!
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR") has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 46 years. We invented the first trading-floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. To this day, we continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer a sophisticated low-cost platform to our clients.
What you'll be doing?
- Lead designs for major software systems/initiatives and ensure completion of deadlines and objectives
- Introduce new technologies/design patterns.
- Development at a high level while solving complex problems, establishing reference architectures, selecting technologies and building them into consumable artifacts for cross-team adoption. Produce proven/documented reference architectures.
- Act as SME on new technologies and work with existing teams through adoption.
- You will upskill other development teams on implementing modern design patterns, write internal whitepapers/documentation on these reference architectures, and build out software in labs.
- Greenfield new initiatives and prove out concepts.
- Ten years of software engineering experience
- Competence in database/storage/caching solutions
- Proficiency in microservices design patterns, clustering frameworks and SOA-related technologies
- Deep technical foundations in Java application development
- Deep technical foundations in Python, Scala, JS
- Decent technical foundations in C/C++
- Knowledgeable with the implementation of automated testing frameworks
- Well Informed with various development methodologies (TDD/FDD/BDD)
- Self-directed / passion for solving complex analytical problems
- Financial services experience (specifically FIX)
- General understanding of digital asset markets
- Experience developing on blockchain technologies
- Deep technical foundations with AWS services (Azure / GCP are a bonus).
This role's anticipated base salary range is $200,000 to $250,000 annually based on skills and experience. The offered salary is just part of the total compensation package. In addition to a competitive salary, the company offers both a discretionary cash bonus and stock award as well as a wide range of benefits, including health care, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company lunch allowance provided and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899