The Staff Accountant has primary responsibility for the accounting and financial analysis for certain legal entities of the Interactive Broker Group, including the review and implementation of complex accounting issues and new businesses. This position has a significant role in the development and maintenance of our accounting system and process improvements.
The successful candidate will be a highly organized and analytical thinker who is interested in developing and monitoring financial controls over new and existing businesses in an efficient and automated manner. This position reports directly to the Director of Accounting and has significant growth potential.
- Daily accounting monitoring and P&L analysis and reporting for certain entities.
- Month-end close (journal entries, reconciliations, analytical review) for certain entities.
- Analysis of monthly financial results and preparation of financial reports for Senior Management.
- Preparation of annual audited financial statements and coordination with external auditors.
- Identify, design and implement the accounting for new accounting standards and new businesses initiatives.
- Improve and automate our accounting controls and processes by collaborating with our technology teams.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Brokerage experience greatly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS-Excel.
- High attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS-Access, Excel Macros and Power Query.
- Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”) or in the process of becoming a CPA.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company lunch allowance provided and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899