Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer our clients the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features, all for the lowest cost. In support of our objectives, we seek to actively understand and prudently manage our Firmwide risk profile.
As part of our expanding Enterprise Risk Management organization, Interactive Brokers is seeking to recruit a London-based Enterprise Risk Associate for the UK business. This individual has responsibility for oversight of both financial and non-financial risk in the second line of defence and will provide subject matter expertise and execute monitoring in support of the effective management of risk.
Responsibilities include ensuring alignment with the Risk Management & Governance Framework to FCA standards and executing qualitative and quantitative risk assessments. In addition, the role is responsible for incident and event analysis, developing and monitoring KRIs (Key Risk Indicators), scenario analysis and stress testing, and monitoring the Firm's risk profile against its Risk Appetite Framework. There will be significant exposure to the Firm's executives and an opportunity to innovate to improve risks and controls.
- Support the IBUK Chief Risk Officer in executing all aspects of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF).
- Oversight and analysis of financial risks – credit, liquidity, market and capital – and non-financial risks – operational, IT & cyber
- Develop and apply knowledge of regulatory standards such as MIFIDPRU, IFR/IFD, and EBA GLs
- Assist with preparing ERM reports and presentations to the IBUK Enterprise and Board Risk Committees.
- Partner with risk owners to execute Risk Assessments, ensuring results are documented appropriately, actionable and defensible to third-party review.
- Conduct targeted risk assessments on areas of highest residual risk to identify opportunities for control enhancement and risk mitigation.
- Map operational processes in complex parts of the business, overlay controls and work with process owners to identify enhancements and efficiencies.
- Participate in Firmwide financial and non-financial projects to identify, assess, and manage risks related to the delivery of the IB business model.
- Build and monitor Risk Appetite Metrics (RAMs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), including limits and thresholds with risk owners. Escalate concerns to the CRO and risk owners, including breaches of risk appetite limits, and identify remedial strategies to bring exposures within tolerance.
- Conduct root cause analysis on events/incidents and agree on control enhancements with process owners.
- Own and maintain the ERM Governance documentation for IBUK – align to Group standards.
- Seven plus years in Enterprise, Financial or Operational Risk Management, or other Risk Management related functions (1st line control, audit) in Financial Services
- Strong working knowledge of Risk Management Frameworks
- Practical experience in executing qualitative and quantitative risk assessments - evaluating, documenting and testing internal controls; developing and producing meaningful metric reporting; conducting event/root cause analysis.
- Superior analytical abilities; detail oriented; ability to exercise independent judgment
- A highly diligent, results-driven and hard-working individual with the ability to execute risk assessments to a high degree of quality; professionally sceptical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
Heron Tower, 110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 5AY
9 am – 6 pm, Monday – Friday
- Career support and development
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Performance-based discretionary cash bonus scheme
- Discretionary stock grant
- Group Life Assurance cover
- Group Income Protection
- Occupation pension scheme based on Gross earnings
- Hybrid working model
- Above statutory annual leave, increasing with service
- Daily company-paid lunch and healthy snack options throughout the day (when working from the office)
- Access to Private Medical Insurance, Dental Plan and / or Health Cash Plan*
- Corporate events
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
*on successful completion of the probation period
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899