This role within the Global Windows Platform & Services team is responsible for planning, designing, automating, orchestrating, and implementing the entire stack of VMware solutions in our data centers and eventually in the Microsoft Cloud. You will need to have expert knowledge of VMware technologies, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and related technologies such as SAN storage, VPN Networking, InfoBlox DNS/DHCP and Windows 10 3rd party supporting applications.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Create logical, physical design and architecture for all VMware-based server and virtual desktop solutions (ESXi / vCenter, Horizon, NSX-T, AppVolumes, Dynamic Environment Manager)
- Troubleshooting skills with Active Directory Infrastructure, Group Policies, AD/Infoblox DNS, Microsoft PowerShell, Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019 and Windows 10
- Gather and document business requirements, assess technical capabilities and analyze findings to translate into the engineering of technology solutions.
- Perform in-depth technical research and analyze results to recommend suitable approaches for solving complex and challenging technical and integration problems. • Follow policies and procedures for change, problem, and incident management.
- Proactively participate in L2 problem escalations and resolve desktop and server support issues.
- Participate in the 24x7 on-call rotation and planned maintenance activities after hours and on weekends when needed.
- Should have a strong operational working knowledge of Horizon View 7.x VDI End user support. Includes operational maintenance of infrastructure such as vSAN, App Volumes, Dynamic Environment Manager in addition to Horizon
- Strong working knowledge of vCenter, ESXi, esxcli commands, ESXi updates/troubleshooting, Windows 10 golden image creation with the usage of clones and templates.
Qualification & Skills
- 8-15 years of hands-on IT Engineering experience
- 5+ year in-depth VMware ESXi/vCenter and Horizon experience
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role (VMware design and engineering, complex implementations and operational background)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a global financial organization (e.g., Brokerage, Trading, or Investment Management)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong customer service and professional client facing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical / troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools and techniques to increase automation, performance and scalability.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the IB global Windows team.
- VMware Certifications (VCP-DCV, VCP-DTM) are a strong plus and some will be required within a year of joining IB.
- Understanding of networking concepts, LAN/WAN, DNS/DHCP, routing, switching and firewalls within the scope of the VMware technology stack
- Expert experience in Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft SQL & Windows clustering technologies, Active Directory, Group Policy and DFS file systems.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899