Interactive Brokers Central Europe (IBCE) seeks a tax professional with a background in corporate and indirect taxation. This position is based in Budapest Hungary and will report to the Tax Director - Corporate Tax who is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
The successful candidate will also be proficient in IFRS, tax provision reporting and VAT compliance and possess a good understanding of complex tax concepts.
Successful attributes include strong communication, organizational and analytical skills, an ability to work independently, and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage corporate and VAT tax compliance for Interactive Brokers’ Hungarian operations and other jurisdictions as appropriate
- Prepare monthly and quarterly tax provision calculations for financial statement disclosures under IFRS & ASC 740
- Research technical tax and related accounting issues and disclosure matters; document conclusions through technical memoranda
- Assist with the implementation of new tax policies, strategies, and procedures to support tax and other cross-functional initiatives, as appropriate
- Track changing tax laws that apply to the Company’s business
- Respond to Hungary tax agency audits, inquiries, and tax notices
- Communicate with relevant parties in connection with such audits, inquiries and tax notices.
- Work with the accounting team and other stakeholders to identify anticipated changes in tax reporting, disclosures, or other financial reporting changes that may impact the reporting of US parent income taxes
- Continuously improve processes to collect and analyze data, including automation, simplification, and process rationalization associated with income tax compliance and reporting
- Manage external service providers as applicable
- Bachelor’s degree in .
- 8+ years of tax experience, including in a public accounting firm, or relevant industry company.
- Able to extract, analyze, and synthesize data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Solid understanding of internal controls.
- Fluent English and Hungarian language
- Certified Chartered Accountant, or degree.
- Tax experience within a multinational business including transfer pricing.
- Proficiency with Oracle E-Business Suite and related data analytics skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Project organization skills.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899